The Most Pirated Movie of 2010

December 21, 2010 -

According to data gathered by TorrentFreak, the most pirated movie of 2010 (to date) is Avatar, followed by Kick-Ass. James Cameron's epic 3D movie was downloaded 16, 580, 000 times in 2001, while Kick-ass was downloaded 11,4000,00 times and Inception was downloaded 9,720m00 times. At number four (a choice that makes me question the taste of movie downloaders) is Shutter Island with 9,490,00, followed by Iron Man 2 with 8,810,000 downloads, and Clash of the Titans with 8,040,000 downloads.

Perhaps tempting fate, The Hurt Locker was downloaded 6,850,000 times. The makers of The Hurt Locker like to sue people..

You can check out the full list here.

Posted in

Comments

Re: The Most Pirated Movie of 2010

James Cameron's epic 3D movie was downloaded 16, 580, 000 times in 2001

... Avatar was pirated 16 million times 9 years before it was in theaters?

Re: The Most Pirated Movie of 2010

Poulairty drives piracy, so at the end of the day its jsut a matter of finding a better way to sell to the masses.

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: The Most Pirated Movie of 2010

Hey, I liked Shutter Island!  :)  Okay, you can see the final twist coming from a mile away, but it was really well made and very atmospheric.  It's Scorsese and DiCaprio.  How can you go wrong?

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm