Open Internet Coalition Comments on FCC's Net Neutrality Plans

December 21, 2010 -

The Open Internet Coalition issued a statement this morning in anticipation of the FCC's vote on net neutrality sometime today. The full statement below:

"Our coalition has long maintained that we needed rules with the force of law to provide baseline protections to consumers and innovators. Today’s vote, coupled with strong future enforcement, would provide a degree of certainty to all participants in the broadband marketplace and help foster an open wireline Internet online ecosystem. We thank Chairman Genachowski for initiating this process and Commissioners Copps and Clyburn for improving the order to address important issues.

However, we also recognize the great potential that wireless broadband presents to consumers, innovators and the economy. The Commission should move to apply the same rules of the road to the entire Internet moving forward.

We will continue to monitor the progress under this rule and work to ensure the FCC fulfills its responsibility to protect consumers’ ability to fully access and enjoy the benefits of the open Internet. "

[Full Disclosure: The ECA is a member of the Open Internet Coalition. GamePolitics is an ECA Publication.]

The FCC is set to vote on new Internet rules today at its December meeting.

Andrew EisenI played it one the Wii and rather liked it.11/22/2014 - 11:15pm