Texas Man Held on $25K Bond For GameStop Robbery

December 23, 2010 -

A man who robbed a GameStop in Weslaco, Texas at knifepoint is now behind bars after Action 4 News viewers spotted him and turned him in. The men fled the scene after the robbery but security cameras captured his image making it easier for police to eventually track him down - with the help of tips from the public. Police said that Treviño is accused of robbing the GameStop off Expressway 83 at around 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday.

Weslaco police arrested 22-year-old Rogelio Treviño III of Mercedes on an aggravated robbery charge on Wednesday morning. GameStop employees told police that Treviño walked into the store, picked out two games, and went to the counter. At this point, he threatened the clerk with a knife and demanded money.

Treviño appeared before a Weslaco municipal judge early Wednesday afternoon where he was held on a $250,000 bond.

Source: valleycentral.com

Comments

Re: Texas Man Held on $25K Bond For GameStop Robbery

Ever heard of the word "alleged"?

Poll