Microsoft Rolls out the Big Numbers in CES Keynote

January 6, 2011 -

Microsoft announced during its Consumer Electronics Expo keynote that it managed to sell 8 million Kinect units in the last 60 days. This was well below what the company projected back in November - 5 million units. Microsoft did not details how these units were sold - bundles, single SKU's or packed in with systems.

Most analyst were conservative in their estimates of Kinect sales by the end of January: most predicted 4.5 million sold by the end of January. It turns out they were way off the mark on that one.

Microsoft also announced that 30 million people have accounts on Xbox Live, though how many are gold and silver level subscriptions were not disclosed. This number is up five million from November 2010.

Finally, Microsoft said that 50 million Xbox 360 units have been sold worldwide to date. Again, no details on how many of those units sold in the last 60 days were bundled with Kinect.

Comments

Re: Microsoft Rolls out the Big Numbers in CES Keynote

"it managed to sell 8 million Kinect units in the last 60 days. This was well below what the company projected back in November - 5 million units."

8 million is below 5 million? huh?

Re: Microsoft Rolls out the Big Numbers in CES Keynote

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Re: Microsoft Rolls out the Big Numbers in CES Keynote

Found this at CNN

The company said it had sold 8 million Kinect sensors in 60 days, beating its goal of selling 5 million during that timeframe.

ZippyDSMleeShout box sttasahhppppp!!05/22/2015 - 10:47am