Report: Verizon to Carry iPhone

January 10, 2011 -

Tired of being a Verizon customer who can't use an iPhone? Well according to a Wall Street Journal report, you may have an opportunity to get Apple's phone through Verizon. According to WSJ, Verizon will soon announce that it plans to give its customers access to Apple's popular smart phone. AT&T had exclusive rights to offer the phone since 2007.

Analysts say that this is bad news for AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint, but great news for Verizon. Of course, with the rise of Android-based smart phones, perhaps analysts are jumping the gun..

Nevertheless, Solaris Asset Management thinks this is a bigger deal for Apple:

"It's a big boost for Apple," said Tim Ghriskey, chief investment officer of New York-based Solaris Asset Management. "It opens up a huge uninstalled base for them in this country."

Recon Analytics warns of gloom and doom for other carriers:

"This is the worst case scenario for the other carriers," said Roger Entner of Recon Analytics. "When Verizon comes out with the iPhone, there's only one carrier in the U.S. that will gain customers, and that's Verizon."

Source: Wall Street Journal by way of The[A]ListDaily

Posted in

Comments

Re: Report: Verizon to Carry iPhone

What if I am an Apple hater who is already fed up with how widespread the iPhone is?  Guess this just isn't my day, then...  :/

Matthew WilsonUC berkeley won, and they 3 years of free tuition for winning.04/26/2015 - 11:26pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://espn.go.com/watchespn/…/id/2497649/Heroes-of-the-Dorm heroes of the storm is being broadcast live on espn 2 never thought a moba would get a time slot like this on tv.04/26/2015 - 9:30pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://reason.com/archives/2015/04/09/the-dmca-chill-factor this is why the dmca should be changed or gotten rid off.04/26/2015 - 6:41pm
PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm