Report: Verizon to Carry iPhone

January 10, 2011 -

Tired of being a Verizon customer who can't use an iPhone? Well according to a Wall Street Journal report, you may have an opportunity to get Apple's phone through Verizon. According to WSJ, Verizon will soon announce that it plans to give its customers access to Apple's popular smart phone. AT&T had exclusive rights to offer the phone since 2007.

Analysts say that this is bad news for AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint, but great news for Verizon. Of course, with the rise of Android-based smart phones, perhaps analysts are jumping the gun..

Nevertheless, Solaris Asset Management thinks this is a bigger deal for Apple:

"It's a big boost for Apple," said Tim Ghriskey, chief investment officer of New York-based Solaris Asset Management. "It opens up a huge uninstalled base for them in this country."

Recon Analytics warns of gloom and doom for other carriers:

"This is the worst case scenario for the other carriers," said Roger Entner of Recon Analytics. "When Verizon comes out with the iPhone, there's only one carrier in the U.S. that will gain customers, and that's Verizon."

Source: Wall Street Journal by way of The[A]ListDaily

Posted in

Comments

Re: Report: Verizon to Carry iPhone

What if I am an Apple hater who is already fed up with how widespread the iPhone is?  Guess this just isn't my day, then...  :/

prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm