Just Dance 2 Hits Five Million Sales Mark

January 11, 2011 -

Ubisoft has sold more than five million copies of its Just Dance game for Wii, the company announced this week. The active gaming title, Just Dance 2, was released last October. Total sales of the Just Dance franchise are 10 million to-date.

"The 'Just Dance' franchise has revitalized the video game music category with consumers worldwide joining the dance movement," said Ubisoft North America senior vice president of sales and marketing Tony Key.

Ubisoft managed to score a victory late last year with Michael Jackson: The Experience on Wii as well; the game sold 2 million units in its first six weeks of release.

The success of Just Dance 2 also makes it one of the top three franchises of 2010. Certainly, no one saw that coming. As a matter of fact, many would have said that 2010 marked the official death of the music rhythm game, with sales of popular franchises like Rock Band and Guitar Hero plummeting.

Ubisoft thinks that music games are back. We can't deny the resurgence based on the sales numbers.

Comments

Re: Just Dance 2 Hits Five Million Sales Mark

gamepolitics sure is sliding.....

Re: Just Dance 2 Hits Five Million Sales Mark

If such stories were published in lieu of GP's bread and butter (video game court cases and controversy, net neutrality, etc.) I might agree with you.  But they aren't, so I don't.

Andrew Eisen

Andrew EisenI'm biased but I'm awarding my mother Best Damn Comment On the Internet This Week. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1650523975177205&id=10000658855862305/06/2015 - 5:23pm
Andrew EisenAh, that's right. Based Gamer's crowd funding campaign snuck in right under the wire. Still, nothing going on at the site but these things take time. We'll see what happens.05/06/2015 - 5:07pm
Wonderkarpgoodgamer.us is the one that died05/06/2015 - 4:58pm
james_fudgeAndrew: Based Gamer is still alive . You maybe thinking of the other one05/06/2015 - 4:45pm
Wonderkarpmy main sites are Niche Gamer and Gamerevolution. and IGN sometimes05/06/2015 - 4:40pm
Andrew EisenTo be fair, that's based solely on the links you've shared here. Maybe the rest of its output is golden.05/06/2015 - 4:22pm
Andrew EisenGreat, enjoy them! Although Techraptor has some of the worst, most disingenuous reporting I've ever seen.05/06/2015 - 3:54pm
WonderkarpGamesnosh, Techraptor, Nichegamer, and Escapist are the preferred alternatives to Kotaku and others05/06/2015 - 3:46pm
Andrew EisenFingers crossed and I really do mean that but my gut tells me this project will die on the vine like Based Gamer and GamerGate Facts (I think that's what it was called) before it.05/06/2015 - 2:58pm
Andrew EisenIt has way more problems than I have the space, time or patience to cover here. However, it appears brand new so maybe given time it will grow and improve.05/06/2015 - 2:58pm
Andrew EisenMy opinion (which I'm sure everyone is super duper interested in) is that something like a game site ombudsman could be valuable. It's something that's been suggested before, in fact. Unfortunately, this ain't it.05/06/2015 - 2:56pm
Wonderkarpjust a list showing examples05/06/2015 - 12:44pm
WonderkarpMost Political watchdog group websites will detail those they feel commited bigger injustices. Southern Poverty Law Center is an example.05/06/2015 - 12:41pm
MechaCrashThe fact that a good chunk of the page is made of a hit list is not at ALL creepy.05/06/2015 - 12:01pm
WonderkarpI dont think the layout is too bad. I've seen better. got the articles front and center which is the meat of the site, really.05/06/2015 - 11:38am
Andrew EisenEh, okay. Still not a fan of the layout but I'm getting a better sense of what it's trying to do. Less crap layout and more just different. Continuing on!05/06/2015 - 11:30am
Andrew EisenWow. That is quite possibly the most jumbled, confusing layout for a site I've ever seen. What an incomprehensible mess! Well, maybe the content is where it's at.05/06/2015 - 11:25am
Wonderkarpmake of it what you will.05/06/2015 - 11:15am
WonderkarpBrad Wardell article from the past.05/06/2015 - 11:12am
WonderkarpSo this was released...I want to say today. http://deepfreeze.it/ Its a large bit of information pertaining too GamerGate and things involved with it. There's an article on James Fudge, but it just lists that he was a member of Gamejournospros and the05/06/2015 - 11:12am