Retailers Keen to Stock Zumba Fitness

January 11, 2011 -

Majesco Entertainment announced that it has sold more than 500,000 units of Zumba Fitness for Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3 to "retailers nationwide." The company also claims that the game is one of its "fastest-selling titles, having reached this milestone in less than two months."

Of course, Majesco is talking about retailer interests more than consumer interest here: the difference between shipped and sell-through are quite stark; shipped means retailers want to stock their shelves with the game, while sold-through means consumers have actually purchased the game.

Zumba Fitness is an exergaming title for the Wii, Xbox 360 Kinect, and PlayStation Move. The game uses the motion controls of each system to help users lose weight and get into shape using nine different dance styles: Reggaeton, Merengue, Salsa, Cumbia, Hip-Hop, Mambo, Rumba, Flamenco and Calypso. The game also features 30 music tracks to dance to.

Comments

Re: Retailers Keen to Stock Zumba Fitness

As it happens, I took a Zumba class recently.  Didn't really care for it; too low-impact for my taste.

Andrew Eisen

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

PHX Corphttp://www.tssznews.com/2015/01/30/former-sega-of-america-employees-voice-mistreatment-greed-racism/ there is alot of problems with sega but this is new01/30/2015 - 9:33am
ZippyDSMleehttp://www.speedtest.net/my-result/410086446201/29/2015 - 9:12pm