Retailers Keen to Stock Zumba Fitness

January 11, 2011 -

Majesco Entertainment announced that it has sold more than 500,000 units of Zumba Fitness for Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3 to "retailers nationwide." The company also claims that the game is one of its "fastest-selling titles, having reached this milestone in less than two months."

Of course, Majesco is talking about retailer interests more than consumer interest here: the difference between shipped and sell-through are quite stark; shipped means retailers want to stock their shelves with the game, while sold-through means consumers have actually purchased the game.

Zumba Fitness is an exergaming title for the Wii, Xbox 360 Kinect, and PlayStation Move. The game uses the motion controls of each system to help users lose weight and get into shape using nine different dance styles: Reggaeton, Merengue, Salsa, Cumbia, Hip-Hop, Mambo, Rumba, Flamenco and Calypso. The game also features 30 music tracks to dance to.

Comments

Re: Retailers Keen to Stock Zumba Fitness

As it happens, I took a Zumba class recently.  Didn't really care for it; too low-impact for my taste.

Andrew Eisen

MattsworknameIm actaully glad to see anita doing posistive videos, I had lots of issues with her older FF stuff, but her more recent stuff is alot better and more of what I want to see, positive female charecters getting praised.05/05/2015 - 6:01pm
WonderkarpThat is one hell of a prediction from EA. I dont know if it'll hit that, but still...Battlefront...though a crippled battlefront. few games I can imagine could hit that salesnumber. Battlefront is one of them.05/05/2015 - 5:52pm
MechaCrashI wonder how much of the game they'll hold back as DLC.05/05/2015 - 5:51pm
Andrew EisenI wonder if development went so over budget that EA HAS to announce such a lofty estimate.05/05/2015 - 5:49pm
Andrew EisenYeah, best of luck and all but that strikes me as a gross overestimate.05/05/2015 - 5:47pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.vg247.com/2015/05/05/star-wars-battlefront-sales-figures-predictions/ EA its nuts. there is no way it sells 10 million copies. I will buy that game, but come on.05/05/2015 - 5:43pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp Sega would have to make somethign worthwhile tho....05/05/2015 - 5:41pm
Matthew Wilson@wond dont forget creative assembly. sega still has a big pc part.05/05/2015 - 5:11pm
WonderkarpI saw that. I feel like Sega is on the verge of just becoming 100% Atlus. Atlus is selling like crazy and the buzz for Persona 5 is high. Especially in my house05/05/2015 - 4:58pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/05/05/for-first-time-ever-sega-wont-have-a-booth-at-e3/ sega is not having a both at e3 this year. yet another Japanese developer pulling back.05/05/2015 - 4:44pm
Andrew EisenSorry, got pulled away. To expand on that, I believe the NX is much too far away for Nintendo to delay Zelda until its launch.05/05/2015 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenNo.05/05/2015 - 4:16pm
Wonderkarphey Andrew, got a question. do you think Nintendo will pull a Wii and delay Zelda onto their "new console" like they did with Twilight Princess?05/05/2015 - 4:15pm
Wonderkarpand it said it was submitted but i never saw anything05/05/2015 - 4:11pm
Wonderkarpno. i sent info regarding that "games dont make people sexist" study from Germany.05/05/2015 - 4:07pm
MGI love how people try to use "white knight" as a negative. Yes, please call me the chivalrous defender of the weak, the innocent, and the downtrodden. The reverse of calling someone the white knight means he/she is this http://tinyurl.com/o4sv8kr05/05/2015 - 4:06pm
Andrew EisenAnyway, I'm checking into the Submit News button. Were you getting an error or something?05/05/2015 - 4:06pm
Wonderkarpalright Andrew.05/05/2015 - 4:05pm
MechaCrashThat would require him to make even the barest attempt to educate himself before shooting his mouth off.05/05/2015 - 4:03pm
Andrew EisenOh for crying out loud, stop sniping at each other. Find an issue to discuss instead. Preferably something other than what you think about one another.05/05/2015 - 4:01pm