8-Bit Funding Opens for Business

January 24, 2011 -

A new crowdfunding website dedicated exclusively to the video game industry called 8-Bit Funding launches today. Much like Kickstarter.com, the site gives "investors" rewards and perks related to the game project in exchange for funding the project.

"The gaming community has always been independent and almost always supports an internal, exclusive community as opposed to a catch-all," says founder Geoff Gibson. "The idea behind 8-Bit Funding comes with this same idea. While there are similar websites out there, their broad focus immediately makes them less appealing to gamers and game developers who have to create a project and market it to a community who might not understand what an indie game even is."

The site launches with seven projects that need funding: Cardinal Quest, The Bookeeper, Dreamcasters’ Duel, Kung Fu Kingdom, Excruciating Guitar Voyage 2, Galactic Adventure, Inc. and One-Eyed Monsters.

You can check the all out at http://www.8bitfunding.com.

Comments

Re: 8-Bit Funding Opens for Business

Ok, but is there somewhere I can send money to make Fez come out faster?

Re: 8-Bit Funding Opens for Business

I hear that!

-Greevar

-Greevar

"Paste superficially profound, but utterly meaningless quotation here."

Matthew WilsonUC berkeley won, and they 3 years of free tuition for winning.04/26/2015 - 11:26pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://espn.go.com/watchespn/…/id/2497649/Heroes-of-the-Dorm heroes of the storm is being broadcast live on espn 2 never thought a moba would get a time slot like this on tv.04/26/2015 - 9:30pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://reason.com/archives/2015/04/09/the-dmca-chill-factor this is why the dmca should be changed or gotten rid off.04/26/2015 - 6:41pm
PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm