The Fine Print: Bionic Commando Rearmed 2's DRM Solution

February 3, 2011 -

If you were looking forward to buying Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 but loathe pesky DRM solutions, then you may want to skip Capcom's sequel. According to NeoGaf, Capcom's game on the PlayStation Store requires users to be logged into the PlayStation Network while playing.

While Capcom may not have proclaimed this fact in any press releases for the game, the company has put it in plain view in the product description:

"NOTE: You must log-in to the PlayStation Network each time to play the game."

So there you go. If you think DRM of this nature is stupid or a pain in the ass, you should skip this game. Oddly enough, the game only offers offline coop play but requires you to stay connected to the PlayStation Network. That in and of itself boggles the mind.

Source: 1Up

Comments

Re: The Fine Print: Bionic Commando Rearmed 2's DRM Solution

Capcom should focus on making good games for multiple platforms instead of fiddling with DRM.  They try a mild foray into PC, fail slightly (although I personally thought the original BC:R was decent), and immediately give up and go back to consoles.  The PC is a slightly different beast than a console, so of course the first few attempts are going to fail in some ways.

- Left4Dead

- Left4Dead Why are zombies always eating brains? I want to see zombies that eat toes for a living. Undead-related pun intended.

Re: The Fine Print: Bionic Commando Rearmed 2's DRM Solution

I think they had this on their Final Fight title on PSN, too.

Which I think means that if this sort of DRM pisses you off, you are not going to be buying any Capcom games off PSN for the foreseeable future.

Andrew EisenI played it one the Wii and rather liked it.11/22/2014 - 11:15pm