The Fine Print: Bionic Commando Rearmed 2's DRM Solution

February 3, 2011 -

If you were looking forward to buying Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 but loathe pesky DRM solutions, then you may want to skip Capcom's sequel. According to NeoGaf, Capcom's game on the PlayStation Store requires users to be logged into the PlayStation Network while playing.

While Capcom may not have proclaimed this fact in any press releases for the game, the company has put it in plain view in the product description:

"NOTE: You must log-in to the PlayStation Network each time to play the game."

So there you go. If you think DRM of this nature is stupid or a pain in the ass, you should skip this game. Oddly enough, the game only offers offline coop play but requires you to stay connected to the PlayStation Network. That in and of itself boggles the mind.

Source: 1Up

Comments

Re: The Fine Print: Bionic Commando Rearmed 2's DRM Solution

Capcom should focus on making good games for multiple platforms instead of fiddling with DRM.  They try a mild foray into PC, fail slightly (although I personally thought the original BC:R was decent), and immediately give up and go back to consoles.  The PC is a slightly different beast than a console, so of course the first few attempts are going to fail in some ways.

- Left4Dead

- Left4Dead Why are zombies always eating brains? I want to see zombies that eat toes for a living. Undead-related pun intended.

Re: The Fine Print: Bionic Commando Rearmed 2's DRM Solution

I think they had this on their Final Fight title on PSN, too.

Which I think means that if this sort of DRM pisses you off, you are not going to be buying any Capcom games off PSN for the foreseeable future.

Poll

Will Code Avarice's Paranautical Activity make its way back onto Steam?:

quiknkoldI have a problem with games that use a digit for sequals when clearly they can be called something else. Five Nights at Freddy's 2? Nonono. Its "Another Five Nights at Freddy's" or "Five Nights Week 2"10/22/2014 - 5:30pm
E. Zachary KnightExtra Credits has come out against GamerGate. https://www.facebook.com/ExtraCredits/posts/86104175727438610/22/2014 - 5:28pm
E. Zachary Knightis it really that hard to answer a question, that to me seems fairly straight forward? I ask, because I have asked a specific question now 3 times without an actual answer in the wastebook thread.10/22/2014 - 5:20pm
Andrew EisenFive Nights at Freddy's 2! Yay! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVPONdZBh6s10/22/2014 - 5:07pm
Matthew Wilsonyou guys know he doesnt work for ea anymore?10/22/2014 - 5:02pm
WymorenceYou forgot having to open Unity through Origin too. :p10/22/2014 - 4:37pm
MaskedPixelanteUnity will now be licensed out half finished, with remaining tools to be sold back to you for 10-15 dollars a piece.10/22/2014 - 3:23pm
E. Zachary KnightNot a big fan of this news, but Unity3D's CEO is stepping down and John Riccitiello steps up. http://gamasutra.com/view/news/228384/Helgason_steps_down_as_Unity_CEO_and_John_Riccitiello_steps_up.php10/22/2014 - 3:06pm
MaskedPixelanteIt's probably extremism.10/22/2014 - 12:07pm
Matthew Wilsonthat being said, they are more likely to blame religious extremists than games.10/22/2014 - 12:01pm
Matthew Wilsonlets just hope they dont try to blame video games.10/22/2014 - 12:00pm
MaskedPixelanteOh joy, Ottawa's on lockdown, this is going to be a fun couple of days...10/22/2014 - 11:56am
MaskedPixelanteAnyone have any good text replacement scripts? I want one that can censor out Breitbart links.10/22/2014 - 11:35am
james_fudgeMilo and I are not BFFs. I tried, man!10/22/2014 - 11:33am
ZippyDSMleequiknkold:you too eh? 0-o10/22/2014 - 10:23am
Michael ChandraI don't like bullying anymore than you do, and yes, I think you're petty. Not commenting on the sob part, because I don't know your mother and don't see why I'd insult her.10/22/2014 - 10:02am
quiknkoldif that makes me petty, then I guess I'm one petty sob10/22/2014 - 8:48am
quiknkoldwell I'm sorry Conster, Having my skull smashed in when I was 14 made me skeptical to apologies when it comes to Bullying regardless of the platform its given. I guess Bullies beat the sympathy out of me.10/22/2014 - 8:47am
ConsterOn an unrelated note, I'm missing a "heck if I know" option on the poll.10/22/2014 - 8:33am
ConsterIf someone offends a bunch of people on twitter, they should apologize on twitter, and not accepting said apology because it's "only" on twitter is petty.10/22/2014 - 8:22am