Heritage Foundation Wants Net Neutrality Rules Rescinded

February 3, 2011 -

Conservative think tank The Heritage Foundation has issued a report urging congress to review what it calls 20 "unnecessary and harmful regulations" - three of which have to do with the FCC.

"This regulatory tide must be reversed," Heritage's Dianne Katz said. "Policy­makers should not just prevent harmful new regulations, but must repeal costly and unnecessary rules already on the books."

Ars Technica details the three items that Heritage Foundation is putting a bull’s-eye on: net neutrality regulations, media ownership rules, and the FCC's merger review authority.

Of particular note to readers should be net neutrality rules, which the think tank wants "rescinded." Of course, it seems odd to ask for these sorts of things when conservatives only control one house and have limited power in the Senate and no support from the Executive Branch. The group also wants to defund any efforts by the FCC to enforce the rules put in place late last year. If there is one area where conservative lawmakers can have an impact it is during the appropriations process.

We will follow this story as it develops.

Source: Ars Technica

Comments

Re: Heritage Foundation Wants Net Neutrality Rules Rescinded

It and health care need to be tossed out then again when do they ever get around to passing something in the first place?

Still nuke it and start fresh open up insurance to all states and enforced minims insurance carries must follow like minim plans, no price hikes on minim plans, you can not be dropped or turned down for minim plans. Either the house or congress sets the minims on the plans. This way you get the best of all options.

Net wise make ISPs common carriers for Christ sake and then force them to line share so all bare the cost not just some in a monopoly...

---