The Dangers of Playing Your PSP in Public

February 4, 2011 -

What happens when you are playing a game in the subway and you don't pay attention? A ten-year-old boy from Milan, Italy found out when he fell off a subway platform and onto the tracks below because he was engrossed in playing a PSP game. Luckily a police officer nearby sprung into action and lifted the boy back up onto the platform.

On a personal note, I have a 10-year-old son and I could see the same thing happening to him. But it wouldn't matter if he was reading a comic book or playing a video game - sometimes he pays little attention to what is going on around him. It happens.

Anyway, watch the dramatic video to your left. Yes, I’m overselling it.

Thanks to nightwng2000 for the tip.

Source: MSNBC

Posted in

Comments

Re: The Dangers of Playing Your PSP in Public

Gantz!  BRING HIM BACK GANTZ!!!

-Gamepolitics' sign up procedure sucks balls. Approve this *flips off admin*; I wanted to make this comment days ago.

Re: The Dangers of Playing Your PSP in Public

At least his negligent use of technology was only endangering himself (and the fellow who jumped down to save him). What I fear are the idiots that text while driving - and there are a whole lot of them.

Re: The Dangers of Playing Your PSP in Public

^ This

Re: The Dangers of Playing Your PSP in Public

Same exact thing happened to a woman in a mall a few weeks ago, except she was

1) An adult

2) Texting

3) Fell in a pool

4) Got to sue the person who posted the video

On topic though, looks like the kid is okay, landed mostly on his padded backpack.

Re: The Dangers of Playing Your PSP in Public

"4) Got to sue the person who posted the video"

Really? How does that work?

- W

Consumer responsibility is just as important as Corporate responsibility. So, be responsible consumers.

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm