Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Wins WGA Award

February 7, 2011 -

Ubisoft's third game in the popular Assassin's Creed series has won the Writers Guild of America award for games writing. The award winner was announced on Saturday night at a gala event and faced some stiff competition from such games as Fallout New Vegas, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, and Singularity.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was written by Ubisoft's Patrice Desilets, Jeffrey Yohalem, Corey May, Jeffrey Yohalem, Ethan Petty, Nicholas Grimwood, and Matt Turner.

You may recall that, prior to this weekend's awards ceremony, there was some controversy about the requirements to be eligible for the honor. Some developers and publishers complained about the requirements of the award such as having to pay for a $60 membership to the guild's Videogame Writers Caucus, and having to submit a script to judges.

Sources: Blue's News, Big Download

Comments

Re: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Wins WGA Award

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2?  For writing?

Uh, no.  What, were those five games the only ones that submitted scripts?

Andrew Eisen

Re: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Wins WGA Award

Came in here to post this.

Seriously, that game didn't even have a proper story stucture. It was just: "Escape the lab, find the general, find the rebellion, go back to the lab, /credits."

Re: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Wins WGA Award

That's the level progression.  Here's the story:

Starkiller needs a hug so he tracks down his girlfriend.

Andrew Eisen