Duty Calls Downloaded More than One Million Times

February 7, 2011 -

The official Bulletstorm Twitter feed reports that its parody download of Call of Duty (to promote the upcoming action game Bulletstorm) has been downloaded approximately 1,250,000 times.

From the Twitter feed:

"1.25 million Duty Calls downloads!"

"We say thanks with Duty Calls Wallpapers over at our Facebook page."

Duty Calls is a parody of the Call of Duty series - and of the first-person shooter genre in general - designed to promote the upcoming release of People Can Fly's and Epic's first-person arcade action game Bulletstorm.

The game is set for release on multiple platforms February 22.

Source: C&VG

Comments

Re: Duty Calls Downloaded More than One Million Times

Being sick sucks.  But even if I were sick, I would still appreciate the time it took to make this parody.  Which, frankly, is rather hilarious and yet so true about the FPS genre and the Call of Duty series.

- Left4Dead

- Left4Dead Why are zombies always eating brains? I want to see zombies that eat toes for a living. Undead-related pun intended.

Re: Duty Calls Downloaded More than One Million Times

My roommate downloaded and played it and hearing the audio alone made me wanna beat him over the head with his speakers until he turned it off and uninstalled it. Being sick since Thursday and him being a stereotypical LIVE player to whom anything that doesn't cause him to win is gay may have also played a factor in my rage.

Re: Duty Calls Downloaded More than One Million Times

"I have a gravely voice and full accent. I wear an eye patch and a nice suit. This means I am the leader of the bad guys. I will never give you the nuclear missile bomb."

That says it all.

-Greevar

-Greevar

"Paste superficially profound, but utterly meaningless quotation here."

Poll

Will limiting Steam services to accounts that have spent at least $5 eliminate spammers?:

Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm
Andrew EisenGreat, but that STILL doesn't tell me what she said, why she was attacked (or what the attack was) or what "standard line" she's following. Details, man. Details!04/24/2015 - 3:25pm
Andrew EisenOr what the heck Nina White (someone else I've never heard of) is actually referring to.04/24/2015 - 3:24pm
Matthew Wilson@AE she is a game dev. she used to do stuff with hormanix and now works with https://outact.net/#!/?page_id=2 she will often engage and debate both side.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Andrew Eisen...following.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Andrew EisenYou mean focus on stopping the bad behavior of those who are doing it rather than condemning all the people that associate with them? Great. But I still don't know who Emma Clarkson is, what she said, why she was attacked or what "standard line" she's04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Matthew WilsonI think people are coming around to the idea that divide and conqueror might be a more effective method than scorched earth. scorched earth has been tried for 8 months with almost no progress, so its time try something new.04/24/2015 - 3:20pm
Andrew EisenCan you elaborate? I don't know who that is.04/24/2015 - 3:17pm
Matthew Wilsonas I understand just general difference of opinion. for example I have seen Emma Clarkson get attacked becouse she chooses to engage and debate, instead of just fallow the standard line.04/24/2015 - 3:13pm
Andrew Eisen'Cause if it's the latter, that kind of stuff should be shamed.04/24/2015 - 2:47pm
Andrew EisenAnd shaming women for being women or having an opinion or shaming specific women for exhibiting particularly repugnant attitudes or behaviors?04/24/2015 - 2:47pm
Andrew Eisen"Last few days" seems pretty specific. I honestly don't know what he's talking about. I hear that sentiment all the time but I've never actually seen an example of it.04/24/2015 - 2:46pm
Matthew Wilsonjust the general actions on both sides, but in particular those who are anti gg, but using the same tactics of harassment and shaming.04/24/2015 - 2:34pm