What Naughtiness Awaits in Dragon Age II

February 7, 2011 -

An ESRB ratings entry for BioWare's Dragon Age II reveals some of the "mature rated" sauciness you can expect within the game when it is released on March 8. According to the entry, the game will feature sexually charged dialogue, adult language, and a suggestive scene that "alludes to" an act of oral sex – among other things.

First the description of oral sex:

"In one cutscene, a woman kneels in front of a male character and appears to perform fellatio," says the ESRB entry. "There is no depiction of the sex act; the camera pans out to the rest of the room."

It really sounds worse than it is, to be fair. Other text from the entry includes a description of a beheading, use of some swear words ("shit," "ass," and "bastard"), some dialogue that involves references to sex, and some "sex scenes" featuring partially nude "couples" (male and female, and same-sex) embracing and kissing.

It all sounds tame to me. I could see and hear worse things in a PG-13 rated movie.

Source: Kotaku

Posted in

Comments

Re: What Naughtiness Awaits in Dragon Age II

Bow-chikka-wow-wow!

Er, actually, it sounds no more risque than the first game, and while I wouldn't pass out copies to 10 year olds, it was pretty tame for a Mature rated game.  Though I found the obsession with blood to be distracting (really, your trail on the map is blood splaters...)  I just hope the "sex" scenes aren't as awkward as the first game.  Uncanny Valley, indeed.

Is anyone else amused that the ESRB site, a tool for (assumingly adult) parents to determine the type of content in a game, voluntarily censors the words "ass" and "shit"?

Re: What Naughtiness Awaits in Dragon Age II

Not really. They are a resource center for people who want information on games. Not everyone is confortable with reading swears when looking for information.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Andrew EisenHackers hack Sony Pictures. Threaten to release data if their demands aren't met. Don't actually issue any demands. http://badassdigest.com/2014/11/24/sony-pictures-shut-down-by-hackers/11/24/2014 - 5:52pm
Wonderkarpi would watch that cause amc11/24/2014 - 5:06pm
MaskedPixelanteBreaking Bugs, new series now in development at AMC. A QA tester for a major game company loses his job when a game launches with major bugs and turns to cooking meth to get by.11/24/2014 - 5:03pm
WonderkarpStar Wars Spinoff is Heist Movie Maybe. Retcons Dark Forces http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/24/rumor-2016-star-wars-spin-off-film-is-a-heist-story11/24/2014 - 4:50pm
Wonderkarppersonally, I have no opinion other than the Ferguson Police used ridiculous amounts of force in that situation. Other than that, I wasnt there when it happened, I have zero idea what happened. so I cant say anything.11/24/2014 - 4:43pm
james_fudgeyeah :\11/24/2014 - 4:05pm
WonderkarpOh man. Grand Jury verdict coming from Ferguson11/24/2014 - 3:54pm
Wonderkarpits a nasty "Unable to locate DLC" bug, that affects PS4 owners because you cant redownload DLC without deleting your saved game. And the only way to play the game is to wipe your save. Hours wasted.11/24/2014 - 3:51pm
WonderkarpDay 7 of WWE 2k15's Game Breaking Bugs with no resolution. its as bad as the Halo Servers and Unity's Floating eyes/teeth11/24/2014 - 3:50pm
Wonderkarpgranted, looking for sage advice in youtune comments id like looking for ducks in a desert11/24/2014 - 3:34pm
Wonderkarpoh dearie me, im being harrased. wheres the colbert report when you need it! i need to plug my patreon because everything on the web is litterall11/24/2014 - 3:32pm
MonteEisen, Ya the 3D clone wars started out aweful, but it actually got really good in later seasons. Particularly AFTER Ahsoka grows up a bit and stops being annoying. I Liked how the series ended11/24/2014 - 3:23pm
Andrew EisenI rather liked First Class but while most thought Future Past was pretty good, the trailers made it look awful and I haven't seen it yet. Come to think of it, I've only seen X-Men 1 and 2 and First Class.11/24/2014 - 3:22pm
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57310 The biggest shock here is that Bryan Singer is still attatched to direct.11/24/2014 - 3:18pm
Andrew EisenI'm a third from the top. (I stole that joke from a play I did years ago.)11/24/2014 - 3:12pm
MechaCrashUnfortunately, it is not worth the hassle to make another account named "Time" so I can post "haha, of course not" as a shout, but let's pretend I did. For art. And bad comedy.11/24/2014 - 3:11pm
MechaCrashWill our dear Mr. Hornets ever wonder why TvW videos have closed comments? Will he ask himself why anybody thought a GG blocklist needed to be made? Time will tell, my friends. Time will tell.11/24/2014 - 3:11pm
Wonderkarpwell i am a top. lol11/24/2014 - 3:10pm