Video Game Bar Association Launches

February 10, 2011 -

The "Video Game Bar Association," an organization that aims to connect lawyers working in or representing the interactive entertainment industry, has formally launched. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the group's ultimate goal is to be a worldwide organization supporting individuals that represent the industry on all types of legal matters. According to a GameIndustry.biz report, the group has sent over one hundred invitations to legal professionals in the United States and Europe.

Board members include George Rose, executive vice president and chief public policy officer at Activision Blizzard; David Anderson, vice president of business and legal affairs for THQ; and Patrick Sweeney, head of Reed Smith's Video Game Practice.

"The legal issues facing a games attorney are unique," said Patrick Sweeney. "With the rapid growth of a worldwide games industry, an association of like-minded practitioners in this dynamic industry is long overdue. As more and more attorneys look at this growing industry as a significant part of their practices, it's only natural for an organization like this to arise. I'm thrilled to be working with David, George, Dave and Konni in launching the V.G.B.A."

Source: GI.biz