Crytek: 'PC Gaming is Very Important to Us'

February 15, 2011 -

While Crytek CEO Cervat Yerli expressed disappointment earlier this week concerning the leak of Crysis 2, he still has mad love for the PC gaming scene. Writing on the MyCrysis message boards, Yerli said that his deep disappointment in this week's events have been eclipsed by the kind words and support from the community:

"While we are deeply disappointed by these events, we are all completely overwhelmed by the support we have received from you, our community," said Yerli.

"We can assure you that PC gaming is very important to us and will always be important to Crytek in the future. We are all still focused on delivering a great gaming experience to our true and honest fans," he continued. "I hope you will enjoy Crysis 2 on PC, as we think it is our best PC game yet!"

That "great game experience" is set for release March 22 in the U.S. and on March 25 in Europe.

Source: RPS

Comments

Re: Crytek: 'PC Gaming is Very Important to Us'

given i have 3 copies of Crysis (disc, EA downloader, and STEAM. only got steam cause EAD ones DRM went FUBAR on me and they weren't very helpful on fixing it. instead i had to make a NEW account with nothing in it to get a new copy.. so now i have 2 EAD accounts 1 with a few games and 1 for crysis only? nah, i'm perma-steam now)

its a no brainer, i just fear its going to far into the tunnel runner route, with the vids i've seen and the way warhead went, i just really think they cutout the open-ness the original title had and made it so fun.

you know, when you saw a hill and could almost always climb said hill and snipe, or sneak around the entire base rather than go through it directly. Warhead trimmed this, and 2 looks like its a forced run down streets and tunnels... gimp.. but still i do want :) Crytek has yet to fail on bringing the good IMO.

prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm