AC Brotherhood, Black Ops top BAFTA Noms

February 16, 2011 -

The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) announced nominations for 2010 GAME British Academy Video Games Awards. Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and Call of Duty: Black Ops lead the pack with nominations for Action, Artistic Achievement, Multiplayer, Technical Innovation, and Use of Audio. Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood has also been nominated for Best Game and Gameplay, while Call of Duty: Black Ops has been nominated for Story. Meanwhile, Heavy Rain and Mass Effect 2 received nominations for Artistic Achievement, Best Game, Gameplay, Original Music, Story. Heavy Rain is also nominated for Technical Innovation.

Indie darling LIMBO has been nominated for Artistic Achievement and Use of Audio. Super Mario Galaxy 2 received nominations for Technical Innovation and Original Music. Both games are also up for Best Game and Gameplay. Alan Wake, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, God of War III, and Halo: Reach all have three nominations, while Bioshock 2, Fallout: New Vegas, FIFA 11, Kinectimals, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, and Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty received two.

Bejeweled Blitz, Farmerama, FIFA Superstars, My Empire, Zoo Mumba, and Zuma Blitz have been nominated under a new Social Network Game Category.

Other nominated games include Civilization V, Cut The Rope, Dance Central, DJ Hero 2, F1 2010, Fable III, FIFA Manager 11, Football Manager 2011, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Gran Turismo 5, International Cricket 2010, James Bond 007: Bloodstone, Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports, Napoleon Total War, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Plant vs. Zombies XBLA, Pro Evolution Soccer 2011, Professor Layton and the Lost Future, Sonic Colours, Super Scribblenauts and Toy Story 3.

For more details visit www.baftagameaward.com. The GAME British Academy Video Games Awards winners will be announced Wednesday, March 16, at the London Hilton. The Awards will be streamed live via IGN and via the BAFTA web site.

Posted in

prh99Maybe it's time to rethink your strategy if your enemy doesn't have to make stuff up.02/01/2015 - 5:01am
prh99Also if you don't like someone, harassment and scandals will only get them more attention. Zoe Quinn would probably not be as well known if not for various harassers.02/01/2015 - 5:00am
prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm