Students, U.S. Soldiers Get $1 ECA Membership

February 17, 2011 -

The Entertainment Consumer Association announced today that students and U.S. military personnel may sign up to be a member of the consumer advocacy group for $1. To qualify, all you need is a valid .edu or .mil email address. With that $1 fee these members will receive affinity benefits, educational resources, and advocacy efforts that are provided to all ECA members.

You can sign up for the ECA here.

The full press release can be found below (disclaimer: GamePolitics is an ECA publication):

ENTERTAINMENT CONSUMERS ASSOCIATION (ECA) OFFERS DISCOUNTED MEMBERSHIP FEES TO MILITARY PERSONNEL AND STUDENTS

$1 ECA Membership Provided to Individuals With Valid .edu and .mil Email Addresses

WILTON, CT – February 16, 2011 – The Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA), the non-profit membership organization that represents gamers, today announced that all military personnel and students who can provide a valid .mil or .edu email address will receive a reduced ECA membership rate. For only $1.00 per year, including renewals, individuals can begin instantly enjoying the numerous affinity benefits, educational resources and advocacy efforts that are provided to all ECA members.

“The ECA is extremely excited to launch this new, ongoing promotion for the millions of military personnel and students who have a passion for video games,” said Heather Ellertson, ECA Vice President of Marketing. “The ECA strongly supports all of the hard work that students and our military do, and this is our way of giving back.”

ECA members can take advantage of numerous benefits offered by high-profile companies such as TARGET, Sprint, Hyatt, Zipcar and Buy.com. Benefits consist of discounted prices on video games and accessories, gaming events, apparel, hotels and movie and game rentals. The ECA also offers a comprehensive package of services to its members. From employment resources in the gaming industry, gaming and political news and forums, an online gaming directory, the ECA calendar of gaming events, and access to gaming research and polls - the ECA continues to be the destination to connect the gaming community. For a full list of membership benefits and discounts, to learn how to become a member, or to find out more about the ECA, go to: www.theECA.com.

ABOUT THE ECA

The ECA is the non-profit membership organization which represents consumers of interactive entertainment in the US and Canada. The association was founded to give gamers a collective voice with which to communicate their concerns, address their issues and focus their advocacy efforts. As such, the ECA is committed to a host of public policy efforts, empowering and enabling the membership to effect change. Additionally, the organization provides members substantial affinity benefits including discounts on games-related purchases and rentals, as well as community and educational initiatives. For additional information on the ECA, including affinity benefits, member discounts and joining the association, please visit: www.theECA.com.

Comments