Microsoft and NVIDIA Exit PC Gaming Alliance

February 22, 2011 -

According to a report on BigDownload, Microsoft and NVIDIA, two key players in the PC industry, have left the PC Gaming Alliance. BD confirmed the news with PC Gaming Alliance president Matt Ployhar. Microsoft and NVIDIA were founding member of the organization set up to champion creating and playing games on PC. Ployhar declined comment on why these companies have left the group.

Ployhar went on to tell BD that his organization will change its focus from research and reports on the industry to assisting game developers, publishers and hardware companies make better PC games.

"Another key thing we'll be doing is creating a more technical based advisory board that you'll all be hearing more about very soon," Plyhar said via his Intel Blog.

Source: The Escapist

Comments

Re: Microsoft and NVIDIA Exit PC Gaming Alliance

EZK pretty much nailed it on the head. As I've stated for the past few years (easily searchable on any PCGA related article), this has been a pretty much useless organization which has done absolutely nothing for PC gaming.

Hell, Capcom is a "major" part of it and hasn't had a major PC release since Dead Rising 2. Street Fighter IV made it, but not its Super counter-part. Resident Evil 5 made it. Lost Planet 2 made it, 5 months after it's console counterpart was released. I doubt we'll ever see Marvel vs. Capcom 3... which only happens to be Capcom's biggest release in a year.

GameStop speaks for itself in it's PC Gaming support. Just have a look at their shelf, if it exist. If you happen to find one that does sell them, usually it's one little shelf somewhere out of sight in the back of the store that you have to hunt for.

Epic Games joined and then essentially told the PC gaming user base to screw off (see: Gears of War 2 and 3).

As for WildTangent, I can only laugh.

----
Papa Midnight

----
Papa Midnight

Re: Microsoft and NVIDIA Exit PC Gaming Alliance

Did the PC Gaming Alliance ever accomplish anything? An ineffectual organization is just a waste of resources.

Re: Microsoft and NVIDIA Exit PC Gaming Alliance

Other than a couple of press releases a year, they have not accomplished anything of note. I wish they would do something.

E. Zachary Knight