Monaco Gets Indie Fund Backing

March 1, 2011 -

According to a GDC report from Rock, Paper, Shotgun last year's Independent Games Festival winner Andy Schatz is celebrating an important milestone. Andy Schatz, the developer behind the clever 4-player heist game, Monaco, has secured financing for the game. According to RPS the Indie Fund - the same angel financiers that backed World of Goo – is funding his game. Naturally have an influx of cash allows Schatz to hire more professionals to work on the game.

Schatz has hired a level designer to help him out, which in turn frees him up to give the gameplay more balance and polish.

"It’s coming together so fast that we might go beyond the twenty levels of the story mode,” Schatz told RPS. "We could end up having a bunch more multiplayer maps."

According to RPS the game will ship online multiplayer and an editor – an editor. Find out more about the game at www.pocketwatchgames.com/Monaco/.

Source: RPS

Comments

Re: Monaco Gets Indie Fund Backing

The Indie Fund did not back World of Goo. The 2 creators of World of Goo, due to its huge success, are funding members of the Indie Fund.

Poll

Should ‘sexism’ factor into a video game’s rating?:

Andrew EisenI bet there's a lovely comedy of errors surrounding that list's journey to the IGDA's page!11/22/2014 - 6:49pm
Andrew EisenAnd the fact that it was curated by some random person on Twitter should have been another.11/22/2014 - 6:48pm
Andrew EisenYep, it's pretty clear that whoever at the IGDA grabbed that list, didn't look at it first. I think the fact that there's over 10,000 names on it should have been a bit of a red flag.11/22/2014 - 6:44pm
Wonderkarppenguin books is on the list. wow.11/22/2014 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpthats better, though I'd prefer something a little more than a simple tweet, I'll take it.11/22/2014 - 6:37pm
Andrew EisenKate Edwards' Twitter: "like people, tools are imperfect; we've removed it for now."11/22/2014 - 6:35pm
Andrew EisenHard to say with any certainty but it appears it at least understands the tool didn't do what it thought it did.11/22/2014 - 6:34pm
WonderkarpI've yet to find the IGDA responding too the situation other than deleting a link.11/22/2014 - 6:34pm
Matthew WilsonI hope the IGDA understands why its a mistake, that's all I want.11/22/2014 - 6:33pm
Andrew EisenHeh, lawyering up would be grossly overracting! And really silly. Well, if what the IGDA did say was not enough for you, try contacting them and letting them know how you feel.11/22/2014 - 6:31pm
Wonderkarpall I want is an apology from the IGDA. nothing fancy, not even addressed to me. Just something that says, "We messed up. We're Sorry" thats it. Not exactly those words except Sorry. If I was overreacting, I'd be lawyering up.11/22/2014 - 6:29pm
Andrew EisenI get it, I just think you're taking it the wrong way and overreacting.11/22/2014 - 6:27pm
Wonderkarpatleast Matthew understands why I am miffed at that list11/22/2014 - 6:26pm
Andrew EisenMatthew - That I agree with. Linking to that list was silly. Hopefully IGDA will more carefully vet the resources it links to make sure they do what they're supposed to.11/22/2014 - 6:25pm
Andrew EisenNope. No insults.11/22/2014 - 6:21pm
WonderkarpAnd here come the insults. Wanna throw some more?11/22/2014 - 6:18pm
Andrew EisenYou're an English major? Wow.11/22/2014 - 6:16pm
Matthew Wilsonno I am glad they did, but I want this talked about so it does not happen again.11/22/2014 - 6:15pm