Novelty Hack: Playing PS3 Games on an iOS Device

March 2, 2011 -

Apple probably will not be happy to see the video to the left because it shows off PS3 games on an iPad screen. The hack reportedly lets PS3 owners play their games over an iOS device such as an iPad. The good news for Apple is that the hack requires some technical expertise to use.

For one, users will need to have their own capture device, input converter, USB mouse and keyboard, a PC, and a PS3. These devices will work with a custom build of everyAir. The hack is more of a technology demo and not very practical for really playing games, but it is interesting.

Source: IntoMobile by way of UberGizmo

Posted in

Comments

Re: Novelty Hack: Playing PS3 Games on an iOS Device

I don't think Apple will be too displeased, it's only remote desktop software, you don't actually play the game on the device (iOS devices simply don't have enough power to handle PS3 games), you just use the device for display and input, and it isn't really a hack as much as a clever combination of perfectly legitimate hardware and software.

If anything, Apple should be pleased their devices can be used in this way. I say SHOULD - they might not since you're comitting heresy by daring to play a game that didn't come from the app store - the horror!

Wonderkarpugh. I hate Christmas Shopping. I never know what to get people11/24/2014 - 7:47pm
WonderkarpAgain, Internet, any claim on the internet can be faked, but what if it is real?11/24/2014 - 7:42pm
Papa MidnightAh, but is it.... 2 Legit? 2 Legit to Quit!11/24/2014 - 7:39pm
Wonderkarpbut it looks legit11/24/2014 - 7:36pm
WonderkarpI know I told Andrew I'd stop reading Ralph Retort....but this is big. FTC Getting involved in GamerGate Internet Journalism Ethics. http://theralphretort.com/reports-gamergate-helps-achieve-historic-win-internet-ethics/ Might need confirmation,11/24/2014 - 7:36pm
MaskedPixelantehttps://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thimbleweedpark/thimbleweed-park-a-new-classic-point-and-click-adv/posts Ron Gilbert's LucasArts throwback adventure is funded.11/24/2014 - 6:07pm
WonderkarpSo Madlibs Demands? Fun game11/24/2014 - 6:01pm
Andrew EisenHackers hack Sony Pictures. Threaten to release data if their demands aren't met. Don't actually issue any demands. http://badassdigest.com/2014/11/24/sony-pictures-shut-down-by-hackers/11/24/2014 - 5:52pm
Wonderkarpi would watch that cause amc11/24/2014 - 5:06pm
MaskedPixelanteBreaking Bugs, new series now in development at AMC. A QA tester for a major game company loses his job when a game launches with major bugs and turns to cooking meth to get by.11/24/2014 - 5:03pm
WonderkarpStar Wars Spinoff is Heist Movie Maybe. Retcons Dark Forces http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/24/rumor-2016-star-wars-spin-off-film-is-a-heist-story11/24/2014 - 4:50pm
Wonderkarppersonally, I have no opinion other than the Ferguson Police used ridiculous amounts of force in that situation. Other than that, I wasnt there when it happened, I have zero idea what happened. so I cant say anything.11/24/2014 - 4:43pm
james_fudgeyeah :\11/24/2014 - 4:05pm
WonderkarpOh man. Grand Jury verdict coming from Ferguson11/24/2014 - 3:54pm
Wonderkarpits a nasty "Unable to locate DLC" bug, that affects PS4 owners because you cant redownload DLC without deleting your saved game. And the only way to play the game is to wipe your save. Hours wasted.11/24/2014 - 3:51pm
WonderkarpDay 7 of WWE 2k15's Game Breaking Bugs with no resolution. its as bad as the Halo Servers and Unity's Floating eyes/teeth11/24/2014 - 3:50pm
Wonderkarpgranted, looking for sage advice in youtune comments id like looking for ducks in a desert11/24/2014 - 3:34pm
Wonderkarpoh dearie me, im being harrased. wheres the colbert report when you need it! i need to plug my patreon because everything on the web is litterall11/24/2014 - 3:32pm
MonteEisen, Ya the 3D clone wars started out aweful, but it actually got really good in later seasons. Particularly AFTER Ahsoka grows up a bit and stops being annoying. I Liked how the series ended11/24/2014 - 3:23pm
Andrew EisenI rather liked First Class but while most thought Future Past was pretty good, the trailers made it look awful and I haven't seen it yet. Come to think of it, I've only seen X-Men 1 and 2 and First Class.11/24/2014 - 3:22pm