Novelty Hack: Playing PS3 Games on an iOS Device

March 2, 2011 -

Apple probably will not be happy to see the video to the left because it shows off PS3 games on an iPad screen. The hack reportedly lets PS3 owners play their games over an iOS device such as an iPad. The good news for Apple is that the hack requires some technical expertise to use.

For one, users will need to have their own capture device, input converter, USB mouse and keyboard, a PC, and a PS3. These devices will work with a custom build of everyAir. The hack is more of a technology demo and not very practical for really playing games, but it is interesting.

Source: IntoMobile by way of UberGizmo

Posted in

Comments

Re: Novelty Hack: Playing PS3 Games on an iOS Device

I don't think Apple will be too displeased, it's only remote desktop software, you don't actually play the game on the device (iOS devices simply don't have enough power to handle PS3 games), you just use the device for display and input, and it isn't really a hack as much as a clever combination of perfectly legitimate hardware and software.

If anything, Apple should be pleased their devices can be used in this way. I say SHOULD - they might not since you're comitting heresy by daring to play a game that didn't come from the app store - the horror!

Poll

Who's responsible for crappy Netflix performance on Verizon?:

MaskedPixelanteIf by "distance themselves from Google Plus" you mean "forcing Google Plus integration in everything", then yes, they are distancing themselves from Google Plus.07/26/2014 - 12:20pm
MechaTama31I wish they would distance G+ from the Play Store, so I could leave reviews and comments again.07/26/2014 - 11:03am
Papa MidnightGoogle+ Integration is coming to Twitch!07/25/2014 - 8:41pm