GamesAid Offers 3DS to Best Horse Tipper

March 7, 2011 -

UK-based games industry charity GamesAid has announced its newest fundraising initiative around the forthcoming horse-racing event, The Cheltenham Festival. The Festival features four days of jump racing and hundreds of equine stars on hand for National Hunt racing. To celebrate the event and to raise some cash for a worthy cause, GamesAid has launched a tipping competition where fans will have the chance to put their skills on the line and win a Nintendo 3DS.

Donated by Konami, the 3DS comes with a copy of PES 2011 3DS. Nintendo also donated three further launch titles: Super Street Fighter IV, Pilotwings Resort, and Nintendogs. Participants need to pick twelve horses from a pre-selected list of entrants scheduled to run at the Festival from March 15 - 1. Depending on how the horse runs, they will either score or lose points for players. The highest total score takes the first prize.

For more information, check out gamesaidtipping.wordpress.com. If you would like to give to this charity, visit www.justgiving.com/gamesaid.

Comments

Re: GamesAid Offers 3DS to Best Horse Tipper

And there was me thinking that was something clsoer to Cow Tipping and about to get all outraged.

/b

Re: GamesAid Offers 3DS to Best Horse Tipper

I'm sure some ppl won't read the article and start screaming 'animal abuse'

on another note, encouraging gambling is whole other topic some will get outraged about.

Goth_Skunk@Cheater: If I were an Australian consumer, there's no way I'd be returning it.01/26/2015 - 10:43pm
Cheater87Ooops http://stevivor.com/2015/01/ps4-copies-saints-row-iv-re-elected-undergoing-product-recall-australia/01/26/2015 - 10:13pm
Andrew EisenOkay, well I've passed the request along.01/26/2015 - 9:03pm
ZippyDSMleeI loath itunes..........01/26/2015 - 9:02pm
Goth_SkunkUNLESS you haven't downloaded the most 3 recent episodes. Then it cancels your subscription automatically.01/26/2015 - 8:56pm
Goth_Skunk@AE: No. iTunes instead just downloads it automatically, provided you've set it up to do so in your preferences.01/26/2015 - 8:56pm
Andrew EisenAnyone know if iTunes sends email notifications when there's a new episode of a podcast you're subscribed to?01/26/2015 - 8:30pm
ZippyDSMleeAck!! Sorry lack of spell checker means I more incoherent than ever :P, Sign up for email notification thing for the pod cast. Probly more trouble than its worth, I guess I will have to check the site more often ><01/26/2015 - 8:22pm
Andrew EisenWhat is a "sign u email thing"? We provide a direct download link to the show every week. The video version is on my YouTube channel. You can use our RSS feed to add it to a news reader. You can also subscribe to the show on iTunes.01/26/2015 - 6:48pm
ZippyDSMleeMmm you guys ever thought about doing a sign u email thing for the pod cast? If I can click a direct link to downlaod it to toss in all daily podcast listening I might listen to it more than randomly forgtting its on here 0-o01/26/2015 - 6:37pm
prh99Too much time listening to Faux News and Bill Mahr.01/26/2015 - 5:12pm
james_fudgeit's bad pr for the bus company01/26/2015 - 5:10pm
Andrew EisenI'm sure the ones who purchased the ads are a bit peeved but I find my sympathies lacking. I have to wonder why the bus line would buy such ads in the first place. Hard to imagine it doesn't have policies against that stuff.01/26/2015 - 5:07pm
Wonderkarpthats cute. I Like Ms Marvel(hate her powerset). Whomever is doing this? Good Job01/26/2015 - 4:49pm
E. Zachary KnightHahahahahahaha! http://toybox.io9.com/islamaphobic-bus-ads-in-san-francisco-are-being-defaced-1681857271/+charliejane01/26/2015 - 4:24pm
WonderkarpI saw that. Celebrity wing.01/26/2015 - 3:00pm
BearDogg-XArnold Schwarzenegger is being inducted into WWE Hall of Fame, reports TMZ.01/26/2015 - 11:56am
Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm