Zynga Supports Japanese Relief Efforts

March 14, 2011 -

Zynga has launched a fundraising initiative across more than seven of its games in partnership with Save the Children to support relief efforts in Japan. Zynga will donate 100 percent of the purchase price of newly created virtual items to the Japan Earthquake Tsunami Children Emergency Fund, created by Save the Children to support the children of Japan’s ongoing needs.

In addition, Facebook is donating all of its Facebook Credits generated through the in-game purchases to support the fundraising efforts.

A rundown of how players can donate - from Zynga - can be found below:

- Café World: Players cans place Japanese inspired decorations in their Café to benefit the initiative.

- CityVille: Citizens can plant a limited edition sweet potato crop to feed their population and stock their restaurants.

- FrontierVille: Players can buy a limited edition Kobe cow to place in their frontier.

- FarmVille: Farmers can plant a limited edition daikon radish crop that never withers.

- Words With Friends: Players can donate directly by clicking on a Save the Children button inside the game.

- YoVille: Players can purchase homes and furniture inspired by Japanese architecture and design.

- Zynga Poker: Fans going for a royal flush can donate by purchasing access to a VIP table.

- zBar: Players can donate directly by clicking on a Save the Children button inside the bar that sits across the top of their game on Facebook.

You can find out more and donate directly by visiting www.savethechildren.org/japanzynga.

prh99Maybe it's time to rethink your strategy if your enemy doesn't have to make stuff up.02/01/2015 - 5:01am
prh99Also if you don't like someone, harassment and scandals will only get them more attention. Zoe Quinn would probably not be as well known if not for various harassers.02/01/2015 - 5:00am
prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm