Lorne Lanning and Spencer Halpin Headline New Media Film Festival

March 16, 2011 -

Lorne Lanning (Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey), and Spencer Halpin (director of the documentary MORAL KOMBAT) will be joining founder/director Susan Johnston for the second Annual New Media Film Festival, to be held May 20-21. Showcasing the best in new media and featuring award nominated and winning filmmakers, the New Media Film Festival is dedicated to the creation, development, and distribution of new media content in all forms and across all platforms.

Spencer Halpin's Moral Kombat is a documentary that offers both those for and against video games a chance to speak their minds. The documentary explores whether violent games should be banned or be protected as free speech under the First Amendment. Lorne Lanning is the creator of the Xbox launch title Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey and co-founder of the video game development company Oddworld Inhabitants.

Both will be taking part in a Q&A to discuss their work, as well as violence in video games. The New Media Film Festival, sponsored in part by Final Draft and Showbiz Software, will be taking place at Los Angeles Film School May 20-21st. Tckets are on sale now and submissions are being accepted at www.NewMediaFilmFestival.com until May 10.

[Full Disclosure: Spencer Halpin is related to Hal Halpin, president of the ECA. GamePolitics is an ECA publication.]

Comments

Re: Lorne Lanning and Spencer Halpin Headline New Media ...

quick note: the xbox launch title was Munch's Odyseey

Also why have i heard nothing from oddworld Inhabitants in far too long? get cracking guys.

Poll