Inventing the Future of Games Symposium Details

March 21, 2011 -

Inventing the Future of Games, a day-long symposium taking place April 15 in Silicon Valley, aims to explore the possibilities of the next decade of gaming with luminaries from the industry. Sponsored by the UC Santa Cruz Center for Games and Playable Media, the symposium will gather academia and industry leaders to discuss the advancement of game design and technology.

The symposium will include four sessions: exploring the relationship between games and cinema, making self-generating games, the future of games and culture, and creating new forms of character and dialogue. Session speakers will include Jordan Mechner (Prince of Persia), Emily Short (Galatea), Ian Bogost (Georgia Tech/A Slow Year), Tracey Fullerton (University of Southern California/The Night Journey), Robin Hunicke (thatgamecompany), and UC Santa Cruz game program faculty members Noah Wardrip-Fruin, Marilyn Walker, Arnav Jhala, and Jim Whitehead. UC Santa Cruz's John Funge, Warren Sack, Soraya Murray, and Sri Kurniawan will moderate the panels.

Keynote speaker The Sims and Spore creator Will Wright, Linden Labs CEO Rod Humble, and director of the UC Santa Cruz Center for Games and Playable Media and associate professor of computer science in the Baskin School of Engineering, Michael Mateas.

More information on the event can be found at games.soe.ucsc.edu/future2011.

Comments

Re: Inventing the Future of Games Symposium Details

video games controlled by thought.

Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm