Game Bribe for Prescription Drugs Goes Awry

March 23, 2011 -

Consider this next story a cautionary tale for anyone seeking the help of a 9-year-old to score some prescription drugs: it never works out the way you want it to. A 34-year-old Maine woman named Shannon Leathers asked a 9-year-old neighborhood boy to steal his mom's prescription painkillers in exchange for a video game of his choice. The unnamed boy did as he was asked. Leathers told the boy that if he was ever asked about the theft or the missing drugs that he should play dumb. But as Bill Cosby can tell you kids say the darndest things - even to the police. He would later tell police all about the entire transaction, even detailing that Leathers scratched his mo's name off the pill bottle. Shortly thereafter the woman was arrested.

For concocting this stupid scheme to get those Percosets Leathers was sentenced to one year in prison. She pled guilty to all charges and was ordered to serve 1.5 months of the sentence immediately, with the remainder to be suspended (we assume there is some "time served" taken into consideration by the court).

What was the game the boy wanted? Final Fantasy XIV Online.

Source: Sea Coast Online by way of The Escapist

Posted in

Comments

Re: Game Bribe for Prescription Drugs Goes Awry

Dumb Kid, Final Fantasy XIV sucks.

Re: Game Bribe for Prescription Drugs Goes Awry

I'm assuming that means you played it at great length, right?

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Re: Game Bribe for Prescription Drugs Goes Awry

Plus it is subscription only and he lost out in the long run. Unless of course the person who gave him the game was willing to pay the monthly subscription for a continued access to the drugs.

E. Zachary Knight