IGDA 2011 Election Results

March 24, 2011 -

The 2011 International Game Developers Association elections are over and the votes are in. This year’s votes did not manage to meet a quorum. Under the rules of the group, this gives the IGDA the right to hand pick its board members. The IGDA did say that member participation in this year's election was up 18 percent from 11 percent last year.

From the group's site:

"Since we did not meet quorum, the election was declared void and the Board this morning selected the new board members. As is custom, we decided to select the top five vote getters for the five available seats. Since one of the seats was only for a one year term (vacated by Gordon Bellamy upon taking the Executive Director position), the person with the fifth highest vote count was selected to that seat."

Selected to the four available 3-year seats:

Brian Robbins, Founder, Riptide Games Total Votes: 549
Feargus Urquhart, CEO, Obsidian Entertainment Total Votes: 532
Dustin Clingman, CEO, ZeeGee Games Total Votes: 517
Cordy Rierson, Director, University Talent Development, Microsoft Game Studios Total Votes: 480
Selected to the one available 1-year seat:

Scott Berfield, Executive Producer, Center for Serious Play, University of Washington, Bothell Total Votes: 476

The rest of the vote tallies can be found on the IGDA.

Posted in

Comments

Re: IGDA 2011 Election Results

Agreed.  I voted for the first time this year.  I think what we are seeing is the maturing of the membership.  Not a lot of younger people vote and this has been a relatively young industry and membership.  As you get older, you start to care more.  True in my case anyway.

Re: IGDA 2011 Election Results

Wow. 18% participation from IGDA members is really bad. Not sure if that is a bad omen for the IGDA or the members but it is still bad.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: IGDA 2011 Election Results

Hrmm, it's nearly double from last year. I know it's not a great number, but the future looks good...

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

WonderkarpFCC appears to be kicking ass today01/29/2015 - 4:11pm
Matthew WilsonThat is why I said "every market". for example totalbescuit has TWC, and the best he can get atm is 10/10.01/29/2015 - 1:58pm
Andrew EisenTWC offers speeds that high, at least in my area. (Standard is 15Mpbs)01/29/2015 - 1:54pm
Matthew Wilson@prh I still have my doubts. if anything the big winner is Comcast. they are the only isp in the us that can provide that speed in every market they serve. att, verizon, and twc cant or at least dont.01/29/2015 - 1:50pm
Andrew EisenTrailer for Ted 2 and it looks like it won't simply be a rehash of the first. That's encouraging! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3AVcCggRnU01/29/2015 - 1:49pm
prh99It's nice to see an FCC chair who isn't just there to facilitate monopoly building for cable and telecom. Basically not a dingo.01/29/2015 - 1:46pm
Wonderkarpmine was grandia 201/29/2015 - 1:39pm
Matthew Wilsonoh btw only about 5.6 percent of the us has broadband now.01/29/2015 - 1:21pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.theverge.com/2015/1/29/7932653/fcc-changed-definition-broadband-25mbps did not think the fcc would go through with it.01/29/2015 - 1:16pm
Andrew EisenI know, right? Don't you dare think the fact that I buy all your games makes this sort of behavior okay, TT Games!01/29/2015 - 12:57pm
IanCHow dare thy release games that do well both commercially and critically. How dare they. (refer to the Lego games)01/29/2015 - 12:55pm
Infophile@Wonderkarp: Tales of Innocence. Was in the final dungeon, when I accidentally left my 3DS on an airplane and couldn't get it back. Lost both the game and the system. Got a new system, but not the game (not fun enough to be worth replaying)01/29/2015 - 12:10pm
Andrew EisenOh, thank goodness. There will be at least two console LEGO games this year. For a moment I was worried there! (LEGO Jurassic World, LEGO Marvel's Avengers plus LEGO Ninjago for handheld.)01/29/2015 - 12:08pm
prh99Cminer: It's the only way to monetize Nintendo game videos. Otherwise Nintendo content IDs them and take all the AD revenue. Also it's only covers a small portion of their catalog.01/29/2015 - 12:06pm