APB Reloaded Developer Opening Studio in Scotland

March 24, 2011 -

K2 Network, owner of Reloaded Productions, will be opening a studio in Edinburgh, Scotland thanks to funding from Scottish Development International. SDI gave K2 Network £125,000 to open a new 22-man studio to continue operating APB Reloaded in the region. Prior to selling APB and closing its doors, Realtime Worlds operated the game and other projects out of the region. K2 Network may use the new studio as its base in Europe as well.

"I am delighted that Reloaded Productions will establish a studio in Edinburgh rather than creating jobs only in its existing locations in Irvine, California and Bangalore, India," said Fiona Hyslop, Scottish Culture minister. "It is testament to the talent, infrastructure and cutting-edge skills Scotland has to offer in this fast-growing and competitive market and our continued promotion of this key sector internationally. Our hope is to expand the Scottish presence and increase the size of the team over time as we add more creative game projects as part of our global MMO development efforts."

"After visiting Scotland, meeting some extraordinary game development professionals and also seeing the Scottish Government's enthusiastic support for creative and technical ventures, we decided to invest in a Scottish team focused on the core game engineering and key creative design tasks."

K2 Network operates the game in North America, which has been turned into a free-to-play title with micro-transactions.

Source: GI.biz

Comments

Re: APB Reloaded Developer Opening Studio in Scotland

APB Reloaded already has an operation in Scotland - there are a number of ex-Realtime Worlds staff working on the game from the ex-Realtime Worlds offices in Dundee.

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

ZippyDSMleePapa Midnight: Care to take a look at this and tell me what you think about it? http://www.amazon.com/Frisby-FS-5010BT-Surround-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B00EYX1N2S/03/26/2015 - 10:27pm
Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm
Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am