Games We Play Art Exhibit Closing March 30

March 24, 2011 -

After what organizers call "a wildly successful run and standing-room-only opening night," the Games We Play Art Exhibit In San Francisco finally comes to a close on March 30.

Organizers Present Creative (a casual and social game company), and Nieto Fine Art (a contemporary art gallery in the heart of San Francisco) will celebrate the conclusion of the game-related art exhibit with a closing reception on March 25. Organizers say that the first annual Games We Play exhibit was so successful that the opening party during GDC week exceeded capacity and left patrons waiting to get inside for a look at unique pieces from both established and new artists who have worked on a multitude of infamous video game titles from the industry's leading game companies.

The art show showcased talented artists who have worked on such popular titles as Mafia Wars, Farmville, Diablo II, Hellgate: London, Jewel Quest and Peggle Nights. The exhibit was designed to honor the art origins within video games and celebrate its irreverent and rebellious nature. The concept was conceived by Present Creative executives.

The show features works for sale by 26 different video game artists from the Bay Area and beyond including (but not limited to): story-images from illustrator Michael Dashow, robotic sculptures of Present Creative Cofounder Zachary Present; surreal paintings from Kelly Denato and humorous prints from Sirron Norris.

To celebrate the exhibit's month-long run, Present Creative and Niet Fine Art are hosting a reception with drinks and music on the evening of March 25.

For more information, check out www.presentcreative.com/artshow. Nieto Fine Art is located at 565 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA.

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenIf that's true, maybe she's willing to lose her tax exempt status by merchandising. So? Also not a problem with her Kickstarter. And no, I don't have to be a rep of FemFreq to point out how nonsensical, irrelevant and untrue all this nonsense is.01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenShe doesn't say it's not her footage and she never said she'd record all her own footage. So this isn't a problem. I doubt she's said anything like "no women or non white people are critics of mine." Regardless, nothing to do with her Kickstarter.01/31/2015 - 6:41pm
Wonderkarpvalet about parking info01/31/2015 - 6:41pm
Wonderkarpyour glenn beck to her republican party. you can refut all you want, but its not going to matter until femfreq comes out and disputes these claims because you are not a member of fem freq. you are a second party. I dont ask the man standing next to the01/31/2015 - 6:39pm
Wonderkarpis free gifts01/31/2015 - 6:39pm
WonderkarpListen and Believe is one of the slogans Femfreq touts on twitter. and Non profits are in danger of losing their tax exempt status by merchandising. Its a big nono. I worked at the MDA for a while and they do NOT sell merchandise. anything they do have01/31/2015 - 6:38pm