GameStop Reports 10 Percent Increase in Net Income

March 24, 2011 -

GameStop is reporting a 10 percent increase in net income for the fourth quarter of 2010, citing robust holiday sales of hardware and accessories such as Kinect. Fourth-quarter net income was $237.8 million, up from $215.9 million in the same period a year ago. Quarterly revenue was up 6 percent to $3.69 billion.

Sales of new game hardware accounted for 21.2 percent of GameStop's overall revenue, up from 20.9 percent in the fourth quarter of the previous year. Hardware contributed 7.2 percent to overall gross profit, compared to 5.5 percent in 2009. Used games accounted for 21.8 percent of total net sales and 44.2 percent of gross profit.

GameStop projects that Q1 revenue will rise 6 - 8 percent, with earnings of around 53 - 55 cents. Analysts predicted around 51 cents a share. The company said that it will continue to invest in its digital business, including services such as in-store game cards for downloadable content as well as its PowerUp Rewards program. It expects to spend $100 million to expand digital initiatives in the current fiscal year.

Source: Market Watch

Posted in

Comments

Re: GameStop Reports 10 Percent Increase in Net Income

Hey, maybe that means I can get a raise now!

....

...

*Rolls on the floor, laughing*

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Re: GameStop Reports 10 Percent Increase in Net Income

They most likely will continue to profit even more with all the 3DS sales (not that there isn't a lot of competition though).

Re: GameStop Reports 10 Percent Increase in Net Income

Good for gamestop for making more profits.

Poll

Will limiting Steam services to accounts that have spent at least $5 eliminate spammers?:

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm