GameStop Reports 10 Percent Increase in Net Income

March 24, 2011 -

GameStop is reporting a 10 percent increase in net income for the fourth quarter of 2010, citing robust holiday sales of hardware and accessories such as Kinect. Fourth-quarter net income was $237.8 million, up from $215.9 million in the same period a year ago. Quarterly revenue was up 6 percent to $3.69 billion.

Sales of new game hardware accounted for 21.2 percent of GameStop's overall revenue, up from 20.9 percent in the fourth quarter of the previous year. Hardware contributed 7.2 percent to overall gross profit, compared to 5.5 percent in 2009. Used games accounted for 21.8 percent of total net sales and 44.2 percent of gross profit.

GameStop projects that Q1 revenue will rise 6 - 8 percent, with earnings of around 53 - 55 cents. Analysts predicted around 51 cents a share. The company said that it will continue to invest in its digital business, including services such as in-store game cards for downloadable content as well as its PowerUp Rewards program. It expects to spend $100 million to expand digital initiatives in the current fiscal year.

Source: Market Watch

Posted in

Comments

Re: GameStop Reports 10 Percent Increase in Net Income

Hey, maybe that means I can get a raise now!

....

...

*Rolls on the floor, laughing*

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Re: GameStop Reports 10 Percent Increase in Net Income

They most likely will continue to profit even more with all the 3DS sales (not that there isn't a lot of competition though).

Re: GameStop Reports 10 Percent Increase in Net Income

Good for gamestop for making more profits.

Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm
Andrew EisenGP Movie Night!08/31/2015 - 8:41pm
Big PermEveyone should be too busy with phantom pain to notice GP is down. Hail Vidya!08/31/2015 - 8:40pm
Goth_SkunkBut such a hangout *could* be a neat idea. It could be used, for example, for all us GPers to get together and watch the new FemFreq video, and then discuss amongst ourselves in real time what our thoughts are.08/31/2015 - 8:38pm
Goth_Skunkcacophany of voices all trying to talk at once.08/31/2015 - 8:37pm
Goth_SkunkVideo is entirely optional. The only criticism I have of the hangout system is that I don't believe the moderator has the ability to "give the floor" to any one particular individual. Without mutual respect and tact, a Google Hangout can be reduced to a08/31/2015 - 8:37pm
Andrew EisenWell, I can't stream anything because I'm at work all day (still am).08/31/2015 - 8:28pm
Goth_SkunkIt seemed simple enough to me. During a shift at work I was bored and hopped on a Google Hangout that was GamerGate themed and streamed on YouTube. Granted, I was not the host, but joining in seemed fairly straightforward.08/31/2015 - 8:24pm
Andrew EisenSo, like a space where we can all hang out and chat while the site is down? I can dig it. No idea how to do that though. Is there a way to create a public chat in Google Hangout?08/31/2015 - 8:23pm
benohawk@Goth Thirded, I think the motion carries08/31/2015 - 8:17pm
PHX Corp@Goth_skunk Seconded08/31/2015 - 7:43pm
Goth_SkunkWith GP going down for maintenance, I propose that Andrew do a daily Google Hangout where we can all participate until it comes back.08/31/2015 - 7:21pm
RedMageOnly NOW? Not even when they threw Silent Hills and PT under a bus?08/31/2015 - 7:11pm
WymorenceAnd with this, Konami needs to go die in a ditch somewhere08/31/2015 - 7:05pm
PHX Corphttp://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1104842 NeoGAF: MGSV FOBs beyond the first must be bought via microtransactions08/31/2015 - 6:54pm
RedMageKonami: Proudly living in dodoland since 2010 or so.08/31/2015 - 6:51pm
WymorenceSo tell me again, Konami, why you've still got physical retail copies of your game...?08/31/2015 - 6:48pm
Andrew EisenHa! The only thing on Metal Gear Solid 5's PC disc release is a Steam installer! http://www.destructoid.com/the-only-file-on-the-pc-retail-version-of-the-phantom-pain-is-a-steam-installer-308547.phtml08/31/2015 - 6:39pm