Family Affair: GameStop Robber Joins Son in Jail

March 25, 2011 -

On March 17 we chronicled a father and son who were wanted for robbing several retail locations in North Carolina and South Carolina. The son, 18-year-old Shawn Douglas Hefner was nabbed by police, but his father, Douglas Hefner remained at large. A third person, 29-year-old Thomas Douglas Barr, was apprehended at the same time as Shawn Douglas.

It looks like police have caught up with the father. Douglas Scott Hefner was arrested Wednesday on outstanding warrants from the York County Sheriff's Office and other jurisdictions. The senior Hefner was caught by police after trying to sell video games to a GameStop in Greenville, S.C. Apparently he'd forgotten that he stole some of those games from a GameStop in the first place. Oops.

According to police, about $60,000 in stolen merchandise was recovered during his arrest. Some of it had already been reported stolen from multiple GameStop stores. Police say that the three men are responsible for the theft of eight cars and a dozen break-ins in North and South Carolina since the fall of 2009.

Additionally Angela Barr was charged with three counts of chop shop/altering, destroying or disguising a vehicle ID number and three counts of receiving stolen goods. All three men are being held at the York County Detention Center, while Angela Barr was released on bond. We assume that Angela Barr is the wife of Thomas Douglas Barr.

Source: WSOC TV

Comments

Re: Family Affair: GameStop Robber Joins Son in Jail

He probably thought Gamestop was a franchise, and word wouldn't get out so fast.

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm