Gearbox Explains Duke Nukem Forever Delay

March 25, 2011 -

Gearbox Software's Randy Pitchford has been speaking to the media today to clarify the recently announced delay of Duke Nukem Forever. Speaking to Eurogamer, Pitchford said that trying to meet the May launch deadline would not have done justice to the game or those who have waited over a decade to play it. He also noted that this was not some slick PR trick - they intended to release the game in May when they announced the date.

"No trick - we believed May when we announced it," Pitchford said. "There is always uncertainty and we use experience and trends to help us be predictive. We are not perfect when it comes to predicting uncertain outcomes, but we are perfect at being committed to our goals and working relentlessly towards them. I think we may have been able to force May, but we think that would've introduced risks that would not have served gamers who have waited as long as we have to finally play Duke Nukem Forever."

"We are driven by fans who are as anxious for the game to finally be released as we are," he added. "The continued support of our fans does miracles for our morale and that drives quality and performance. It's for the fans that I am confident this slight schedule adjustment is the right thing to do."

Duke Nukem Forever is now scheduled for release on June 10 for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Source: Eurogamer

Comments

Re: Gearbox Explains Duke Nukem Forever Delay

10 years later...

-- Randi Tastix

Re: Gearbox Explains Duke Nukem Forever Delay

Man, this is taking forever.

Re: Gearbox Explains Duke Nukem Forever Delay

I can wait an extra month.

I'd rather get it later when it's great.

Re: Gearbox Explains Duke Nukem Forever Delay

I do remember some news outlets who got their hands on the game early note there were a few technical issues with the game, saying that it was a great game otherwise.

As Thomas P. said- we've waited 12 years for this, we'll be fine without it for a little while longer. Duke will come when he's good and ready.

... no pun intended. ._.;

Re: Gearbox Explains Duke Nukem Forever Delay

Meh, I wouldn't mind if this was PR. It was worth the humor of it all.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

Re: Gearbox Explains Duke Nukem Forever Delay

We've been waiting 12 years, an extra month won't hurt anyone.

Re: Gearbox Explains Duke Nukem Forever Delay

An extra month hurts me a lot.

I should've been able to pick it up in person, but two weeks from the original laucnh, I'm on the other side of the planet. BOO

Re: Gearbox Explains Duke Nukem Forever Delay

I was thinking the same. We've waited over a decade. What's another month? Haha.

----
Papa Midnight

----
Papa Midnight

Re: Gearbox Explains Duke Nukem Forever Delay

It wouldn't be Duke if it wasn't delayed.

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm
Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am