Breaking Down Walls: L.A. Noire Selected for Tribeca Film Festival

March 29, 2011 -

Rockstar Games’ upcoming crime noire thriller, L.A. Noire, is officially the first video game to be honored as an official selection for the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival. It cannot be emphasized enough that, with this selection, Rock Star's game is the first to ever be chosen as an "official selection" in a festival reserved for film.

"We’re thrilled that L.A. Noire is being recognized by the Tribeca Film Festival in this way," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "It’s a real honor, and another step forward for interactive entertainment."

"What Rockstar and Team Bondi have accomplished with L.A. Noire is nothing less than groundbreaking," said Geoff Gilmore, Tribeca Enterprises' Chief Creative Officer. "It’s an invention of a new realm of storytelling that is part cinema, part gaming, and a whole new realm of narrative expression, interactivity, and immersion. We are poised on the edge of a new frontier."

Rockstar Games will also present an exclusive preview of L.A. Noire as part of the Tribeca Talks series, taking place on April 25, 2011. The presentation will feature a live interactive screening of a case from L.A. Noire, followed by a Q&A that examines the crossover between filmmaking and interactive entertainment. The Q&A will focus on the making of L.A. Noire, the technology used, and the story and action. The talk will be moderated by Geoff Gilmore, Tribeca Enterprises’ Chief Creative Officer.

For more info about the game, check out www.rockstargames.com/lanoire.

Comments

Re: Breaking Down Walls: L.A. Noire Selected for Tribeca ...

Score one for the argument for video games as art. Hopefully the SCOTUS sees this.

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Re: Breaking Down Walls: L.A. Noire Selected for Tribeca ...

Giving how they're repurposing technology got much more believable acting, GO ROCKSTAR!!!!

Re: Breaking Down Walls: L.A. Noire Selected for Tribeca ...

Media form recognition, here we come!

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

ZippyDSMleePapa Midnight: Care to take a look at this and tell me what you think about it? http://www.amazon.com/Frisby-FS-5010BT-Surround-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B00EYX1N2S/03/26/2015 - 10:27pm
Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm
Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am