Oregon Man Collared By Console He Stole

April 1, 2011 -

On Christmas Eve 2010 a man in Ashland, Oregon came home to find his home ransacked and robbed. Among the items stolen was a flashy new video game console. While we do not know what kind of console was stolen we do know that police can track it down if it connects to the internet and there is some way to track it based on serial numbers.

The Southern Oregon High-Tech Crimes Task Force, which deals with cyber crimes and crimes involving electronic devices, contacted the manufacturer. With their help the police were able to track the console down because someone went online with it.

Central Point police Lt. Josh Moulin said that, with the manufacturer's help, they were able to trace the stolen console to a home in Medford. The resident living there told police that he purchased the console from 24-year-old Nicholas Gomez. After interviewing Gomez, police arrested the man for first-and-second-degree theft. Police could not find enough evidence to charge Gomez with the burglary.

Gomez should consider himself lucky and should make note of the fact that you can't steal a console then sell it using your real name because police can now track these current generation console systems down with little effort.

Source: Ashland Daily Tidings by way of The Escapist

Comments

Re: Oregon Man Collared By Console He Stole

Sorry guys the presumption of innocence has been sold to the lowest bidder along with the rest of our last bastion of freedoms.After all its easier for government and the courts to function if the public has limited rights and freedoms.

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: Oregon Man Collared By Console He Stole

Oy! They couldn't find enough evidence to charge him with burglary AND have not even yet convicted him of the charges of theft. How about that presumption of innocence, heh GamePolitics? At least TRY to act as if it was possible for the law to make mistakes?

Re: Oregon Man Collared By Console He Stole

I would like some allegedly with my article.

Re: Oregon Man Collared By Console He Stole

"ALLEGEDLY Gomez COULD have gotten it from the real thief..."

Not enough evidence to convict. I'm telling ya, the biggest lawbreakers are the ones that write 'em!

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm