Gamers Heart Japan Video

April 3, 2011 -

The global video game community came together to show its love and respect for Japan, and to raise awareness for relief efforts via a special project called "Gamers Heart Japan." The 60-minute special premiered today and offered interviews with veteran game industry journalists from all over the world as well as some of the top video game developers on the planet. Game journalists and game makers shared their thoughts on the Japanese video game development scene.

Gamers Heart Japan interviewees talked about the past, present and future of Japan and reminded viewers that the country needs every gamer around the world to donate whatever they can to help the country as it struggles with the worst natural disaster in the history if the world. Donations for The Red Cross in your area can be made through the GamersHeartJapan.com website.

Gamers Heart Japan features interviews and support from over 30 outlets and publications including G4 (US & Canada), SCI FI Australia, SPACE (Canada), Musique Plus (Canada), Gametrailers.com, IGN.com, Gamespot.com, GameInformer.com, Joystiq.com, Kotaku.com, Destructoid.com, Elecplay.com, G4tv.com, Reviewsontherun.com, MTV.com, TheEscapist.com, Wired.com, Games.Yahoo.com, Wired's Game | Life, TheECA.com, TotallyRadShow.com, Shacknews.com, EGMNow.com, USAToday.com (GameHunters), Bitmob.com, TheTorontoSun.com, UGO.com, Metacafe.com, Youtube.com, Facebook.com, and more.

Game developers participating in the special included Jade Raymond - Ubisoft Toronto - Assassin's Creed/Splinter Cell, Dr. Greg Zeschuk - Bioware - Mass Effect/Dragon Age/Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dr. Ray Muzyka - BioWare - Mass Effect/Dragon Age/Star Wars: The Old Republic, Tim Schafer - Double Fine - Brutal Legend/Costume Quest, Cliff Bleszinski - Epic Games - Gears of War, Ted Price - Insomniac Games - Ratchet & Clank/Resistance, Siobhan Reddy - Media Molecule - LittleBigPlanet, Maxime Beland - Ubisoft Toronto - Assassin's Creed/Splinter Cell, Todd Howard - Bethesda - Fallout 3/Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Peter Molyneux - Lionhead - Fable, Alex Rigopulos - Harmonix - Rock Band, Robin Hunicke - That Game Company - Flower/Journey, Jenova Chen - That Game Company - Flower/Journey, Evan Wells - Naughty Dog - Uncharted, Ed Boon - Netherrealm - Mortal Kombat and the legendary Sid Meier - Firaxis - Civilization. More are to be announced.

Watch the video, then donate whatever you can to help.

[Full Disclosure: GamePolitics is an ECA publication.]

Comments

Re: Gamers Heart Japan Video

My first games that I have played along with Woflenstein 3D, Duke Nukem 3D and Doom are also Super Mario Bros. 3, Kirby's Adventures on my grandparents' NES and Pokémons on Gameboy, because they have really feeling of an adventure, of course many games today have feeling of an adventure but how may does have interesting unique world to explore.

Touching video and I made donation for them.

-----------------------------------

Why cant' the United Nations have an international law that protects artists works from censorship and banning? Cause world is still filled with chickens.

- Jussi "ZangRap" Virtanen

-----------------------------------

Why cant' the United Nations have an international law that protects artist's works from censorship and banning? Cause world is still filled with chickens.

- Jussi "ZangRap" Virtanen