Rumor: Microsoft Porting Silverlight to Xbox 360

April 6, 2011 -

According to an Electronista report, Microsoft will announce its plans to port Silverlight to Xbox 360 at the MIX11 conference next week. According to leaked information, the feature has supposedly been in development for several months and could bring a higher level of integration between the Xbox 360 and Windows Phone. More importantly, a tipster speaking to WinRumors suggested that Microsoft might bring an app store for the Xbox 360 that would let developers easily port WP7 apps over to the larger screen.

Windows 8 may also have its own app store "out of the box" and would emulate the Mac App Store. Microsoft has not confirmed this story.

Source: Electronista

Posted in

Comments

Re: Rumor: Microsoft Porting Silverlight to Xbox 360

My brain took a wrong turn with the word emulate.

Re: Rumor: Microsoft Porting Silverlight to Xbox 360

I think I am going to get tired of the 'app store' thing real fast....

Re: Rumor: Microsoft Porting Silverlight to Xbox 360

Agreed. There's already an app for pretty much everything, the last thing we need is an app store for everything.

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Re: Rumor: Microsoft Porting Silverlight to Xbox 360

Silverlight was ported to the 360 quite a while ago. Those videos, minigames and menus in the Dashboard? Those are all Silverlight based. It was even announced some time back on the Major Nelson blog as I recall.

Re: Rumor: Microsoft Porting Silverlight to Xbox 360

While some aspects of the 360 currently run under Silverlight, I believe they are specifically referring to the ability for the consumer to run silverlight apps in the same way they currently play games on the console. That does not currently exist.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Poll

Will Code Avarice's Paranautical Activity make its way back onto Steam?:

Matthew Wilsonubisoft is made to look worse now. wiiu smash is 1080p 60fps lol10/23/2014 - 5:02pm
MonteYou would think that, if GG were really about journalistic ethics, their streams would be more conerned with Shadows of mordor(a REAL controversy involing a major publisher) than with the FALSE jounralistic controversy around Quinn10/23/2014 - 4:49pm
Andrew EisenHope so.10/23/2014 - 4:45pm
Matthew Wilson@ae they may not be able to fix the capture card issue, but hopefuly they can fix the frame rate issue10/23/2014 - 4:31pm
james_fudgeso IDK10/23/2014 - 4:27pm
james_fudgeGuys I sat through a GG stream for two hours. All they talked about was ZQ. We said we were on GJP in the chat and they didn't care.10/23/2014 - 4:27pm
Andrew EisenHopefully I can find some more time.10/23/2014 - 4:26pm
Andrew EisenI'm pretty much out of time to troubleshoot this too. I won't be home until very late and the stream's Saturday.10/23/2014 - 4:19pm
Andrew EisenI guess not, although I did ask and they confirmed that they're not yet supporting my capture hardware.10/23/2014 - 4:18pm
Matthew Wilsonit wouldnt hurt to ask though10/23/2014 - 4:17pm
Andrew EisenThe problem doesn't seem to be OBS specifically, I can't get anything to work.10/23/2014 - 4:16pm
Matthew Wilsonobs has a support irc if you want help10/23/2014 - 4:15pm
Andrew EisenWhat gets me is this worked fine last year. Same PC, same capture hardware, same broadcaster.10/23/2014 - 3:58pm
Andrew EisenWish I knew where the problem was so I could fix it.10/23/2014 - 3:55pm
Andrew EisenMaybe the fact that TWC throttles my upload speed to 1 Mbps is why I've been having so much difficulty live streaming. Then again, the podcast works fine.10/23/2014 - 3:52pm
PHX Corp@Neo_DrKefka @quiknkold agreed, I think everyone needs to just STFU and play Video Games. If the behavior(between #GG and #SGG2014) continues, it's going to eventually affect the Videogame industry negatively(Lost Sales, etc.)10/23/2014 - 3:50pm
Neo_DrKefkaIn a #GamerGate Stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd-BahVyFYQ they are too busy talking about Brianna's Wu appearance rather than her actions. Oh god our movement has become less and less about solutions and how can we can resolve these problems.10/23/2014 - 3:28pm
quiknkoldThese people are Arms Dealers selling weapons to both sides of this war, and I feel the only way anything will change is if everybody just stops. CTFO and play games.10/23/2014 - 3:28pm
quiknkoldI'm not specifically Targeting the Gamergate people on this. But There is one or two sick Freaks out there who get their jollys on this, and they are fueled by the war they are making worse.10/23/2014 - 3:27pm
prh99How much longer can the charade continue, the extremists have driven out the majority of people that thought it was about ethics. All that's left are the hooligans.10/23/2014 - 3:25pm