Apple Sues Samsung Over Tablet Design and Features

April 20, 2011 -

Fight, fight, fight. Apple has filed a lawsuit against Samsung claiming the technology used in its Galaxy tablet and smartphones is copied from Apple's iPhone and iPad technology. The company is also alleging that Samsung has infringed on the "style" and user interface of the iPhone and iPad. The Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S and Nexus S were specifically named.

"Rather than innovate and develop its own technology and a unique Samsung style for its smart phone products and computer tablets, Samsung chose to copy Apple's technology, user interface and innovative style in these infringing products," the lawsuit said.

Apple spokeswoman Kristin Huguet told the BBC: "This kind of blatant copying is wrong."

Samsung said that its products are the result of research and development carried out by the company.

"Samsung's development of core technologies and strengthening our intellectual property portfolio are keys to our continued success," the company said in a statement.

Samsung will contest the allegations in court, the company said.

Source: C&VG

Comments

Re: Apple Sues Samsung Over Tablet Design and Features

wouldnt be the first time crApple accused someone of copycatting them.  anyone remember when they got all bent out of shape over windows 95?

Re: Apple Sues Samsung Over Tablet Design and Features

Because everything Apple does is totally original and unique, AMIRITE?

Re: Apple Sues Samsung Over Tablet Design and Features