Amnesty International Releases Bulletproof iOS Game

April 20, 2011 -

The French chapter of International human rights organization Amnesty International has released an iOS game called Bulletproof. The goal of the game is to raise awareness about human rights violations around the world and to raise money for the organization. The game, playable on iPhone and iPad, cost a mere 0.99 cents. The group celebrates 50 years of fighting for human rights around the world. It's hard to hate on Amnesty International, unless you're a maniacal dictator that jails and tortures people..

The game was created by Mobigame and is sponsored by French ad agency La Chose. In Bulletproof, players tap the touch screen to stop bullets from a firing squad trying to execute a condemned man. While the design sounds simple, the message is powerful. You can send a powerful message by buying it and supporting the organization. You can buy it here.

Source: Gamasutra

Comments

Re: Amnesty International Releases Bulletproof iOS Game

You would be surprised how many Americans hate Amnesty International... the believe AI to be part of some big plot to take away America's sovendry and had it over to europeans socialists or something.  They got esp pissy when AI released its report about human rights abuses in the US and dared to say that we were not a flawless becon of light.

Ah, the classic 'if you are not 100% for us, you are 100% against us!' meme....

Re: Amnesty International Releases Bulletproof iOS Game

That number is smaller than you may think.  Also, it IS kind of a stretch to compare waterboarding (with a full medical staff on hand) to the ripping-out of fingernails and the rape of prisoners, which is what AI did.

Way to leave out a few facts to make your point.

---

With the first link, the chain is forged.

--- With the first link, the chain is forged.

Re: Amnesty International Releases Bulletproof iOS Game

The AI report I was thinking of predated Bush Jr

Even with that, I have talked with a person who was waterboarded... it is not as gentle as people think... and this was coming from someone who has been raped, beaten, and slashed open.. so they had a pretty good baseline for comparing the experinces.  It is not a stretch at all to compare them.

Re: Amnesty International Releases Bulletproof iOS Game

Uh, yeah, it is.  I've been waterboarded, too, and raped and beaten.  If this imaginary friend of yours is honestly saying that they're comparable, s/he's an idiot out for attention.

---

With the first link, the chain is forged.

--- With the first link, the chain is forged.

Re: Amnesty International Releases Bulletproof iOS Game

Nope, the person is real.

I also know the person who did the waterboarding, USMC.

Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm