PSN Hulu Plus Users Gets One-Week Credit

April 27, 2011 -

Streaming media service Hulu has decided to compensate PlayStation Network Hulu Plus users with one-week credits via email today. The company said in a letter to customers that the credit can be redeemed any time over the next two weeks and pointed out that "no personal Hulu Plus account information was compromised as part of the Sony intrusion." The letter:

Hulu also mentioned the obvious: Hulu Plus users can use other devices to view media content. No doubt many subscribers had no choice over the last 6 - 8 days. On a related note, later this week Hulu Plus subscribers will have another out to watch content on: Xbox Live. Hulu Plus goes live on Xbox Live April 29.

The letter being sent to customers below:

Dear , Unfortunately, due to the outage on PlayStation® Network, Hulu Plus subscribers cannot currently access the application on the PS3™. We understand this is frustrating, and we are looking forward to Sony restoring access to the application as soon as possible. In the meantime, we'd like to offer you a 1-week credit toward your Hulu Plus subscription. In order to automatically redeem your credit, please click here at any time within the next two weeks.

You can still continue to watch your favorite shows on many other devices — the full list of devices is available here. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We're happy to help however we can.

Many thanks,
The Hulu Team

More information: You can read Sony's official statement on the PlayStation Network outage here

. Please note: No personal Hulu Plus account information was compromised as part of the Sony intrusion.

Source: Hulu by way of Kotaku

Comments

Re: PSN Hulu Plus Users Gets One-Week Credit

Good of Hulu to do that, especially since the breach wasn't even their fault.

"Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend. Do it in the name of Heaven, Jack Thompson'll justify it in the end." - nightwng2000

Poll