Comcast Hires Former FCC Commissioner

April 28, 2011 -

Comcast announced today that it has hired former Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) Commissioner Rachelle Chong as Regional Vice President of Government Affairs for California. The announcement was made by Curt Henninger, Regional Senior Vice President for Comcast California.

Chong will report directly to Henninger, and will oversee all aspects of Comcast's governmental affairs activities, as well as all cable and telecommunications policy matters, throughout the state. She will be based in the company's Livermore, California office, and replaces Johnnie Giles who was recently named Executive Director of External Affairs at Comcast's corporate headquarters in Philadelphia.

Chong was appointed to the FCC by President Clinton in May of 1994, and served on the FCC until November, 1997. While at the FCC, Chong worked on the implementation of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, digital television transition rules, children's television, the first spectrum auction rules, and services rules for many new wireless services.

Obviously, Comcast hired Chong for intimate knowledge of telecommunication rules and regulations.

Comments

Re: Comcast Hires Former FCC Commissioner

Why are none of our congressmen doing anything about regulatory capture? It's such an obvious problem and an easy win with voters...

Re: Comcast Hires Former FCC Commissioner

Yay, now they'll know ALL the loopholes.

Re: Comcast Hires Former FCC Commissioner

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

-Greevar

-Greevar

"Paste superficially profound, but utterly meaningless quotation here."

Re: Comcast Hires Former FCC Commissioner

Ah, the revolving door keeps spinning.

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm