Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

April 29, 2011 -

Hey guys!  Did you hear the one about Sony turning off the PlayStation Network due to some type of security breach and then *snicker* leaving its entire userbase in the dark for nearly a week before telling them that *snort* all of their personal data had been stolen except maybe their credit card data?

Bwa ha ha ha ha!  Oh ho ho ho!  Woo!  Oh man, good times.

What?  Too soon?  Not funny?  Okay, well maybe these webcomics’ take on the ongoing Sony PSN kerfuffle will strike a bit closer to your funny bones.

Penny Arcade 4/25

Dueling Analogs 4/25

VG Cats 4/27

Penny Arcade 4/29

-Reporting from San Diego, GamePolitics Contributing Editor Andrew Eisen

Comments

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

I like the VGCats one, they took both a shot at Sony and Gawker.

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

I like the first penny arcade strip the best out of the four of them.

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

They don't seem to realize that they're just rubbing it in our faces. I don't give a crap what Kevin Butler has to say on the situation. I certainly don't give a crap what Kevin Butler has to say on the situation in a dozen different art styles. (Real original by the way guys.)

How about you show some class and respect the VICTIMS here, otherwise known as your fans.

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

Clearly someones's never heard of satire.

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

I honestly don't see how any of these comics, all of which are taking the piss out of Sony, are rubbing anything in the faces of affected users or in any way disrespecting them.

Andrew Eisen

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

Especially considering the writers of said comics are also extremely likely to be victims. They are video game comics, after all.

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

???

Those are comics from people who are not Sony.

E. Zachary Knight
Divine Knight Gaming

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

This might come as a shock to you, but the readers of video game themed web comics and the customers of PSN are a lot of the same people.

I'm talking about the fans of their comics.

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

Yes, because I'm sure the guys at Penny Arcade (or these other comics) didn't have their personal data stolen. *rolls eyes*

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

Quite the contrary. These writers are gaming connoisseurs who own and play every system, and, yes, are suffering alongside everyone else.

Two things: The first comics were writen when the worst problem gamers thought were suffering was loss of online multiplayer.

Second of of all, this is all trying to look at the lighter side of the situation. You want to mope and cry, that's fine. But some people try to put a happier face on the whole thing.

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

I know this is in jest but it comes out as bad as all the other kneejerk comments on this situation.

Poll

Which video game platform are you most thankful for?:

Andrew EisenThe story you just linked to? The story you asked if anyone had seen? Yes, THAT obnoxiousness. I've heard it parroted for nearly two years now.11/27/2014 - 7:57pm
ZippyDSMleeAndrew Eisen: That shes an ex con man?11/27/2014 - 7:54pm
Andrew EisenI've heard the same obnoxious horse poo for years. It's nothing new.11/27/2014 - 7:45pm
ZippyDSMleeAlso anyone see this? http://guardianlv.com/2014/11/anita-sarkeesian-unmasked-feminist-icon-or-con-artist/11/27/2014 - 7:28pm
ZippyDSMleeEvil within is a badly designed game.11/27/2014 - 7:28pm
Andrew EisenSure but you said "widens," hence my confusion. Looking into it, yep, there's a tweak to completely re-frame the image, adding more info at the top and bottom. You apparently need a fairly beefy rig to keep it running smooth when you do that though.11/27/2014 - 6:48pm
Matthew Wilsonthere is vertical fov, not just horizontal fov11/27/2014 - 6:38pm
Andrew EisenWell, you can widen it to 3:1 or even 10:1 but I don't know why you'd want to. From what I understand it's the missing visual info at the top and bottom that some object to, not that there isn't enough on either side.11/27/2014 - 6:36pm
Matthew WilsonI think it widenss the fov, so you get to see more.11/27/2014 - 6:31pm
Andrew EisenI don't see how as doing so would not add any visual information to the top or bottom of the screen.11/27/2014 - 6:04pm
Matthew Wilsonfrom what I read, getting rid of the black bars and stretching it out made for a better play experience.11/27/2014 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenFrom what I hear, there's a ton of "look up and shoot at the guys above you" stuff in the game that the wider frame doesn't accommodate such actions well.11/27/2014 - 5:55pm
Andrew EisenHaving a game run in scope is not necessarily a bad thing but like any aspect ratio, you have to compose your shots correctly.11/27/2014 - 5:55pm
Neo_DrKefkaThe Evil Within was pretty bad and to make it worse the way the screen size made it hard for you to see even on a big screen it really hurt the game. Being Artistic is great but when you focus on art rather than what sells you run the risk of that happen11/27/2014 - 5:33pm
Matthew WilsonI kinda hope this is not true. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/nintendo_might_not_be_making_more_gamecube_controller_adapters_at_the_moment11/27/2014 - 1:34pm
Matthew WilsonI saw that. I wish people would stop preording, but sadly that will never happen.11/27/2014 - 1:26pm
Papa MidnightUbisoft has cancelled the Season Pass for Assassin's Creed: Unity (http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2ni2ac/ubisoft_cancel_season_pass_for_ac_unity/)11/27/2014 - 1:08pm
NeenekoBut now I can use the christmas discount justification too,11/27/2014 - 11:46am
NeenekoI am also sorely temped by Civ:BE, mostly because I have a demo coming up and I know my productivity will tank.11/27/2014 - 11:45am
MaskedPixelanteThe Evil Within is only a month old, right? And it's already 66% off...11/27/2014 - 10:29am