Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

April 29, 2011 -

Hey guys!  Did you hear the one about Sony turning off the PlayStation Network due to some type of security breach and then *snicker* leaving its entire userbase in the dark for nearly a week before telling them that *snort* all of their personal data had been stolen except maybe their credit card data?

Bwa ha ha ha ha!  Oh ho ho ho!  Woo!  Oh man, good times.

What?  Too soon?  Not funny?  Okay, well maybe these webcomics’ take on the ongoing Sony PSN kerfuffle will strike a bit closer to your funny bones.

Penny Arcade 4/25

Dueling Analogs 4/25

VG Cats 4/27

Penny Arcade 4/29

-Reporting from San Diego, GamePolitics Contributing Editor Andrew Eisen

Comments

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

I like the VGCats one, they took both a shot at Sony and Gawker.

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

I like the first penny arcade strip the best out of the four of them.

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

They don't seem to realize that they're just rubbing it in our faces. I don't give a crap what Kevin Butler has to say on the situation. I certainly don't give a crap what Kevin Butler has to say on the situation in a dozen different art styles. (Real original by the way guys.)

How about you show some class and respect the VICTIMS here, otherwise known as your fans.

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

Clearly someones's never heard of satire.

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

I honestly don't see how any of these comics, all of which are taking the piss out of Sony, are rubbing anything in the faces of affected users or in any way disrespecting them.

Andrew Eisen

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

Especially considering the writers of said comics are also extremely likely to be victims. They are video game comics, after all.

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

???

Those are comics from people who are not Sony.

E. Zachary Knight
Divine Knight Gaming

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

This might come as a shock to you, but the readers of video game themed web comics and the customers of PSN are a lot of the same people.

I'm talking about the fans of their comics.

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

Yes, because I'm sure the guys at Penny Arcade (or these other comics) didn't have their personal data stolen. *rolls eyes*

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

Quite the contrary. These writers are gaming connoisseurs who own and play every system, and, yes, are suffering alongside everyone else.

Two things: The first comics were writen when the worst problem gamers thought were suffering was loss of online multiplayer.

Second of of all, this is all trying to look at the lighter side of the situation. You want to mope and cry, that's fine. But some people try to put a happier face on the whole thing.

Re: Webcomics Take On PSN Outage

I know this is in jest but it comes out as bad as all the other kneejerk comments on this situation.

Poll