Report: IGN to Buy UGO

May 2, 2011 -

An All Things Digital report claims that IGN Entertainment will buy video gaming network UGO for an undisclosed amount of money. The report also alleges that parent company News Corp. will spin out the brand new network of game-related sites into a stand-alone company. Based on Comscore traffic numbers for both networks, the combined monthly visitors of this new entity would be around 32.8 million visitors a month. UGO is owned by Hearst and is best known for owning 1Up and a massive game-related ad network.

Plans to spin-off IGN into its own company would take months, and would be headed up by long-time IGN front man Roy Bahat. One can expect that the new company would have a number of redundancies and some staff would have to be let go.

ATD says that the new IGN expects to earn more than $10 million this year on revenues of around $100 million. IGN will be able to grow much faster if it is not operating inside News Corp., ATD posits.

Source: All Things Digital

Comments

Re: Report: IGN to Buy UGO

...Because GameSpy fared so well after it merged with IGN.

Re: Report: IGN to Buy UGO

Does IGN really need more top ten lists about "hot game chicks"?

Re: Report: IGN to Buy UGO

chmod ugo-rwx

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: Report: IGN to Buy UGO

Mattsworknamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Vx4_prmvo09/01/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameTotal bisquit talkes about why teh Deus X pre order systems is garbage.09/01/2015 - 3:18am
PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm