Aetna Teams With Mindbloom For Serious Game

May 4, 2011 -

Insurance company Aetna is banking on a new partnership with social game developer Mindbloom Partners that it hopes will motivate its customers to live healthier lifestyles. Mindbloom will deliver its game Life Game to Aetna customers. The game, which launched last July, encourages players to live healthier, more balanced lives by providing a variety of challenges related to health, spirituality, relationships, leisure, lifestyle, finances, creativity, and career.

Players grow and maintain a "Life Tree" that represents the life players want to have. As the player progresses, branches and leaves representing specific goals grow and they are rewarded with virtual currency to unlock new features and content.

"Considering that Americans are spending over $200 billion a year on healthy living products and services, but the rates of chronic health conditions and obesity continue to rise, the time is right for a new approach to engaging people in achieving better overall health," says Aetna's medical director of health and wellness Kyra Bobinet, MD, MPH.

Aetna's offering will be released this fall.

Source: Serious Games Source

Comments

Re: Aetna Teams With Mindbloom For Serious Game

Yeah.. I would be more impressed of Aetna made other more useful changes like providing mental health coverage to individual.... or having an online help system that can provide better answers to email questions then 'we recieved your email, here is a number to call a representitive at'.

Mattsworknamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Vx4_prmvo09/01/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameTotal bisquit talkes about why teh Deus X pre order systems is garbage.09/01/2015 - 3:18am
PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm