Nintendo Confirms Budget Range, New Wii System Bundle

May 4, 2011 -

Seeing as Kotaku and about a thousand other outlets outed Nintendo's big plans to create a budget range and release a new lower priced system bundle, it makes sense that Nintendo would simply come clean. Today the company did just that, announcing plans to release a new Wii system bundle. The new bundle will retail for $149.99, and will come with Mario Kart Wii and the Wii Wheel accessory. The new price is for both black and white system models. The new bundle will be available May 15 - well before Nintendo's big system reveal at E3.

Nintendo also revealed its new budget range - first-party titles for the low price of $19.99. The budget range will initially feature Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Animal Crossing: City Folk and Mario Super Sluggers

Source: Joystiq

Posted in

Comments

Re: Nintendo Confirms Budget Range, New Wii System Bundle

I thought Wii Sports already comes bundled? Or did they de-bundle it and I just missed it?

Re: Nintendo Confirms Budget Range, New Wii System Bundle

Two possible explanations.

A) They're probably taking out Wii Sports and Resort in favor of Mario Kart. $150 for a Wii and a $50 MSRP game (a really great one at that) isn't a bad deal no matter how you slice it.

B) They're selling Wii Sports seperately to help cater to the people who bought their Wii second-hand, like at a yard sale, or from a Pawn Shop or Gamestop.

I'm leaning toward A, but I see no reason why it can't be both.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: Nintendo Confirms Budget Range, New Wii System Bundle

Oy.....how many pennies dose it take to put the wii ports crap in? Nin... you fail!

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: Nintendo Confirms Budget Range, New Wii System Bundle

I wonder how Microsoft and Sony would feel about your comments regarding their "crap".

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

james_fudgeI'll be watching the Facebook page09/01/2015 - 10:14am
james_fudgethe site maybe up right now, but we're not updating until we're at the new location.09/01/2015 - 10:13am
james_fudgehttps://www.facebook.com/gamepolitics09/01/2015 - 10:12am
Mattsworknamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Vx4_prmvo09/01/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameTotal bisquit talkes about why teh Deus X pre order systems is garbage.09/01/2015 - 3:18am
PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm