Deus Ex: Human Revolution to use SteamWorks

May 6, 2011 -

Eidos and Square Enix announced today that the Windows version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution will use Valve's SteamWorks DRM solution. The long-awaited sequel will support SteamWorks features such as auto-updating, Steam Achievements and Steam Cloud support. Square Enix did not disclose whether the digital version of the game would support SteamWorks across all platforms such as Direct2Drive, GamersGate, or GameStop's recently acquired Impulse platform.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is available now for pre-order on Steam at a special limited-time pricing of $44.99 (standard version) and $53.99 (Augmented Edition), for release on August 23 in North America. The Augmented Edition comes with a digital 40-page art book, a "making of" special, trailers, an animated storyboard of the CGI trailer, a motion graphic novel, soundtrack, and a free download of the Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition. Find out more here.

Comments

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution to use SteamWorks

Good news. Steamworks is definitely the best DRM/platform out there and I have never had a major problem with it. Games For Windows on the other hand has always been a nightmare to deal with.

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution to use SteamWorks

Agreed n Steam, but I've never had problems with GFWL.

However, it's being released on August 23... my birthday.... hmmmmm....

---

With the first link, the chain is forged.

--- With the first link, the chain is forged.

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution to use SteamWorks

My problems with GFWL:

1. No Instant Messaging. What is the point in the whole platform as a means of communicating with friends and other players if you have to practically send EMAILS to them?

2. Password Recovery: I've forgotten my hotmail \ Live password and recovering it has been a nightmare. Someone appears to have changed my recovery email address so I'm unable to get it that way. Instead I have to log a ticket and enter some account information, but all 3 attempts have been declined. That's my real name, address, credit card info, DOB, recent emails - the lot, but, no, it's not enough. Now I just want to speak to someone in person to sort it out but the system doesn't make that easy. Until then I can't play a new GFWL game with my usual gamertag.

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution to use SteamWorks

leasts its better than most forms of malware from ubi,ect

---

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution to use SteamWorks

Another upcoming PC game + SteamWorks...most disappointing thing I've heard all day... Then again, Square Enix.....who also published SupCom II and that ended up being SteamWorks, so it's not surprising.

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

WonderkarpFCC appears to be kicking ass today01/29/2015 - 4:11pm
Matthew WilsonThat is why I said "every market". for example totalbescuit has TWC, and the best he can get atm is 10/10.01/29/2015 - 1:58pm
Andrew EisenTWC offers speeds that high, at least in my area. (Standard is 15Mpbs)01/29/2015 - 1:54pm
Matthew Wilson@prh I still have my doubts. if anything the big winner is Comcast. they are the only isp in the us that can provide that speed in every market they serve. att, verizon, and twc cant or at least dont.01/29/2015 - 1:50pm
Andrew EisenTrailer for Ted 2 and it looks like it won't simply be a rehash of the first. That's encouraging! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3AVcCggRnU01/29/2015 - 1:49pm
prh99It's nice to see an FCC chair who isn't just there to facilitate monopoly building for cable and telecom. Basically not a dingo.01/29/2015 - 1:46pm