Blumenthal Praises Sony's Efforts to Answer Questions on PSN

May 10, 2011 -

Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT, and the man who once railed against "Beer Pong as Connecticut's Attorney General) said in a statement that Sony's response to the security breach and service disruption on PlayStation Network and Station.com "could serve as a model for other companies facing similar criminal hacking."

Blumenthal also praised Sony's promise to offer a year of identity theft protection to PSN users as a "strong first step toward protecting millions of consumers whose personal and financial information has been compromised."

"While I continue to believe that Sony should have warned users earlier, I am pleased they are providing protective measures including an insurance policy to cover identity theft harms to consumers within a 12-month window -- but I would hope Sony would extend coverage over a longer time on a case-by-case basis if necessary," said the Senator.

Blumenthal and the House Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade, sent letters to Sony recently demanding answers in the wake of the breach, and applauded the company's efforts in responding to congressional inquiries.

Source: Gamasutra

Comments

Re: Blumenthal Praises Sony's Efforts to Answer Questions ...

So Mr. Blumenthal.... I guess the check is already in the mail from Sony? Good for you.

Re: Blumenthal Praises Sony's Efforts to Answer Questions ...

Again, let's be reminded that Xbox LIVE has been hacked into several times, and Microsoft didn't tell anybody. I'd rather take Sony's example of telling us late than Microsoft's example of telling us never.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: Blumenthal Praises Sony's Efforts to Answer Questions ...

Right, I'd rather a company have fears my credit cards might be stolen and not tell me for a week.

Next they'll say that BP is a model for disaster control.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Re: Blumenthal Praises Sony's Efforts to Answer Questions ...

prh99Too much time listening to Faux News and Bill Mahr.01/26/2015 - 5:12pm
james_fudgeit's bad pr for the bus company01/26/2015 - 5:10pm
Andrew EisenI'm sure the ones who purchased the ads are a bit peeved but I find my sympathies lacking. I have to wonder why the bus line would buy such ads in the first place. Hard to imagine it doesn't have policies against that stuff.01/26/2015 - 5:07pm
Wonderkarpthats cute. I Like Ms Marvel(hate her powerset). Whomever is doing this? Good Job01/26/2015 - 4:49pm
E. Zachary KnightHahahahahahaha! http://toybox.io9.com/islamaphobic-bus-ads-in-san-francisco-are-being-defaced-1681857271/+charliejane01/26/2015 - 4:24pm
WonderkarpI saw that. Celebrity wing.01/26/2015 - 3:00pm
BearDogg-XArnold Schwarzenegger is being inducted into WWE Hall of Fame, reports TMZ.01/26/2015 - 11:56am
Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm