PlayStation Network, SOE Services Back Online

May 15, 2011 -

By the time you read this the PlayStation Network should be back online in most regions in the United States. After three weeks of being offline, the service slowly started going back online after Sony issued a new firmware update to deal with firming up security and allowing users to change their passwords.

The first phase of the network restoration will include online play, video streaming, friends lists, PlayStation Home, and Qriocity. Unfortunately the PlayStation Store is still offline. The v3.61 is mandatory and is available now.

And on a related note Sony Online Entertainment's various online game services are coming back online this weekend as well. From the SOE Site:

"We are pleased to be back online and deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused by the recent data breach and subsequent outage.

To thank you all for your patience and understanding, we have prepared a Welcome Back Program that includes complimentary identity theft protection, free game time and special in-game items and events.

Reminder: As an added security measure, we require a password reset for your Station Account - we recommend you do this immediately."

Comments

Re: PlayStation Network, SOE Services Back Online

And I'm already hearing rumors that hackers intend to bring the PSN back down by the 20th. Why can't they just leave it alone? ; ;

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: PlayStation Network, SOE Services Back Online

Wow, I am so happy the service is back again. Good news!

Re: PlayStation Network, SOE Services Back Online

Well Im glad to see that the service is back up.

PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm