Sony Memo To Developers Claims May 24 PS Store Return

May 19, 2011 -

According to a Gamasutra report, Sony is telling its publishing partners that the PlayStation Store will return on May 24. The report is based on a leaked memo sent to developers and publishers. Of course they say that the relaunch of its its digital marketplace will come back barring any new developments or technical problems.

"We thank you for your patience as we work to resume service of the PlayStation Store," wrote PSN content manager Jack Osorno to developer partners.

Sony also sent partners a tentative schedule that confirms two content publishes a week for the next couple of weeks to get all caught up on previous and new releases that were put on hold during the security breach that lasted three weeks.

When the service relaunches users will be able to choose two free PSN games and two free PSP games as part of Sony’s "Welcome Back" program.

"If there are concerns, we are willing to consider adjusting the release date of your content on this schedule," continued Osorno. "Adjustments will be made on a case by case basis."

Source: Gamasutra

Comments

Re: Sony Memo To Developers Claims May 24 PS Store Return

Much much much sooner than anticipated

Re: Sony Memo To Developers Claims May 24 PS Store Return

And you'll not hear a complaint from me!

Although I'm hearing hackers claim to bring the entire PSN back down on the 20th. Which would be... Today, in my time.

I just hope it proves to be false. Hackers have ruined enough of our fun.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: Sony Memo To Developers Claims May 24 PS Store Return

Same here, on both counts.

I belive that it's just a bunch of greedy lazy script kiddies, but if they're doing this to hurt Sony, or even for the lulz, they're just terrible people.

MechaCrashYeah, even I think IP needs to dial it back.05/22/2015 - 12:35am
Mattsworknamesays05/21/2015 - 11:17pm
Andrew EisenThat's an... interesting way to interpret that.05/21/2015 - 8:36pm
Goth_SkunkAnd re BBC vs Rockstar: Ahh. I missed that. Woops!05/21/2015 - 8:33pm
DocMelonheadYou could say that the Mary Sue only interested in Gender issues in pop culture, and they only see GamerGate as a Hate group that fight for the oppressive status quo.05/21/2015 - 8:22pm
MechaCrashWell, can't blame him for not expanding on it and missing stories here. Sealioning people demanding proof of claims and then calling them liars when they provide it is busy work!05/21/2015 - 8:20pm
Andrew EisenRe: Mary Sue - Uh, why exactly? Re: Rockstar - Yep, we reported that earlier today.05/21/2015 - 8:12pm
Goth_SkunkRockstar is suing the BBC. http://ow.ly/NgzDm05/21/2015 - 8:00pm
Goth_SkunkWhy I don't take The Mary Sue seriously, and why you shouldn't either: http://ow.ly/Ngzkk05/21/2015 - 7:55pm