Australian AG's Seek Feedback on R18+ Draft Guidelines

May 27, 2011 -

The Australian Government’s Attorney-General’s Department has posted an online survey to gauge public opinion on the recently released draft guidelines for the R18+ ratings classification released earlier this week.

The survey contains four possible answers showing either support or opposition to the new game classification and a comment section where participants can leave lengthy comments. The survey does not seem to be exclusive to citizens of Australia (though it does require users to leave their name, state, territory and email).

Here are the four choices users can select:

I support the proposed R18+ category for computer games and I support the proposed draft Guidelines for the Classification of Computer Games.

I support the proposed R18+ category for computer games but I do not support the draft Guidelines for the Classification of Computer Games.

I do not support the proposed R18+ category for computer games but I do support the draft Guidelines for the Classification of Computer Games.

I do not support the proposed R18+ category for computer games and I do not support the draft Guidelines for the Classification of Computer Games.

If you are from Australia and want to participate, check out www.surveymonkey.com.

Source: VG247

Comments

Re: Australian AG's Seek Feedback on R18+ draft Guidelines

Ok, choices 1, 2, and 4 I understand. But choice 3 makes no sense. How can you be against the R18 rating and still support the proposed guidelines? Does that mean that you support all otehr parts of it, just not the R18 portion?

E. Zachary Knight
Divine Knight Gaming

Poll

EA has shuttered Maxis (The Sims, SimCity). Should it keep the Maxis name alive?:

E. Zachary KnightFor those curious, that timeline came from Destructoid: http://www.destructoid.com/tomm-hulett-s-unified-mario-timeline-theory-288472.phtml03/04/2015 - 8:11pm
WymorenceJeez, who'd have thought Yoshi doing a good deed was the reason for everything in Mushroom Kingdom being so screwed up...?03/04/2015 - 7:49pm
prh99The most popular games on Steam for 2014 http://bit.ly/1zLE0r403/04/2015 - 7:47pm
Papa MidnightWow, EZK. Oh my goodness, that timeline is huge.03/04/2015 - 6:59pm
E. Zachary KnightIt's the Super Mario timeline. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/386496/smbTimeline_huge.png03/04/2015 - 6:49pm
prh99There are the various URL shortening services.03/04/2015 - 6:45pm
WymorenceIronic that they're releasing a game about cops and robbers in essence while they don the "extortionist" mask...03/04/2015 - 6:38pm
james_fudgeI'm not a miracle worker :)03/04/2015 - 6:09pm
Craig R.That link is still awful due to the fact that the entire article title is part of the URL :P03/04/2015 - 6:00pm
MonteI'm really waiting to see more publishers get serious backlash for those horrible DLC practices03/04/2015 - 5:48pm
MonteBattlefield with prioty servers for those that pay... sounds like EA wasn't a big supporter of Net Neautrality03/04/2015 - 5:47pm
PHX Corp@james_fudge thanks03/04/2015 - 5:28pm
james_fudgePHX Corp. I shortened your link for you03/04/2015 - 5:18pm
Andrew EisenAgain, folks, please oh pretty please remove all that extraneous crap from the ass end of any links you wish to share. Everything from the "?" and on can be removed.03/04/2015 - 4:31pm
PHX Corphttp://www.destructoid.com/prepare-to-pay-full-price-twice-to-unlock-all-of-battlefield-hardline-s-exclusive-features-288492.phtml Prepare to pay full price twice to unlock all of Battlefield Hardline's exclusive features03/04/2015 - 4:26pm
Andrew EisenNew Age of Ultron trailer but someone hit the Image Stabilizer button and the damn thing jumps around so much I refuse to watch it until it's fixed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUoeqvedMo03/04/2015 - 4:10pm
WonderkarpNobody cares about Wu, IanC. Moving on. Anybody playing DBX? I'm loving the hell out of it.03/04/2015 - 4:07pm
MechaCrashBecause of course NOW all the threats and harassment are real and neither false flags nor publicity stunts. Gee, I wonder what's different about all the other times Wu got harassed! Gosh, sure is a mystery!03/04/2015 - 3:52pm
ZippyDSMleeSince I dumped the escapist I need a good game site, is there anything worth while anymore?03/04/2015 - 3:48pm
ZippyDSMleeThe order looks and plays great...for a 35$ game!03/04/2015 - 3:43pm