Report: Netflix-Miramax Deal Nearly Complete

May 27, 2011 -

Netflix has finalized a deal to bring right around 700 of Miramax's films to its streaming service on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and Wii. Given the current staleness of Netflix's streaming options (yeah I said it) some new movies will keep subscribers coming back for more. According to Shacknews, Netflix will add such movies as Clerks, Pulp Fiction, Swingers, Scream, Black Hawk Down, Bowling for Columbine, and The Animal.

The Miramax deal was announced on May 16, though at the time only 83 films were mentioned. A Wall Street Journal report drops the 800 film number, and claims that the five-year deal is worth about $100 million dollars.

Films mentioned in the original announcement (to be made available "over time") included The English Patient, Shakespeare in Love, Bad Santa, Chasing Amy, Cinema Paradiso, Cold Mountain, From Dusk Till Dawn, Good Will Hunting, Kill Bill Volumes I and II, Muriel's Wedding, The Piano, Reindeer Games, Scary Movie, Scream and Spy Kids.

Source: Shacknews

Posted in

Comments

Re: Report: Netflix-Miramax Deal Nearly Complete

The movie streaming options are just so-so.  The TV episodes are where its at.  Dexter, Doctor Who, Stargate, Farscape, many more.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person's fear of their own freedom-

Re: Report: Netflix-Miramax Deal Nearly Complete

I agree, the streaming options have been lame. And so much of the DVD only crap (such as seasons of Dexter) that they already have rights to needs to go on there.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm